• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

washington- puget sound

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

slinginsteel

Aug 26, 2005
hey im way up here in seattle and was wonderin if theres anyone on here that can tell me a little about spearing up here- i know we got some nice lingcod- and theres rockfish- i get to go to the bahamas and spear every spring but since last time i decided i cant wait- i got a pole spear from the bahamas but was thinking i might need a gun- so i'd love any information anyone can give me- where to go- equipment- conditions- i know nothing about spearing here so anything helps
thanks

hey slinginsteel,
i live up here too i havent had the chance to get out a spear up here. i have a friend that lives on the sound and goes out quite a bit. i havent been out with him yet but we are going to try to get out sometime soon.

Do you get to go diving often? "Bonney Lake" sounds like there might be a decent site nearby :)

SpringSteel,

I visit Lumi Island every summer as my in-laws own a summer house there. It is just off of Bellingham WA in the Puget Sound. Can you say "SSSSSSSeven MMMMMillllll" I dont know if its that I am so use to Southern California water temps or what but the water up there has no mercy.

But on the up side the water is very clean with ok vis at times. I have only picked up lings and misc. rockfish. But if you could time it right and spend enough time in the water you might get yourself a nice size King Salmon?? Not sure what the regs are on spearing them though.

Doubt this helped at all but good luck anyway.

Spring,

Not to mention when the pods of Killer Whales come through and chatter under the water when your under It Will blow your mind. That in itself is worth the frigid water.

good luck

Joel

BatRay: i try to get out as much as i can. there is a lake by my house called lake tapps and its full of carp but haven't had the time to dive in it yet. i am hopin to in the next few weeks.

Joel: the water is really cold up here. last summer i just dove with a three mill shorty wet suit and it wasn't to bad, but i also spend alot of time in the water up here so i am fairly used to it. i wish we could spear salmon but its illeagal. if we could i could have some huge kings and silvers. the orcas are awesome to see when you are diving. we had a big pod come right over us one time when we were down. it was amazing. another really cool thing is when the seals come and play with you when you dive its really cool but they scare all the fish away.

Heading up to the sound first two weeks of april and im tring to dive. Let me know if anyone wants a temperary dive partner.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT