• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Water temperatures around the world!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

panzerkrafft

Aug 12, 2009
For a long time now i have been thinking about starting a thread about
water temperatures around the world!

As i'm constant dreaming about to emigrate it would be a great pleasure reading about temperatures

Whats interesting would be both summer average and winter average!

For example were i live in middle of sweden east coast,
we have about 18c average summer with peek of 21c if the sun shines constantly for 3-4 week

winters about 0-1c and often ice in the inner archipelago

29 degrees pretty much all year round here. Here being Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand etc.

38degC in summer here, and about 20-16degC in the winter... roll on the winter...

(Dubai, UAE)

You can see water temperatures worldwide live on this interactive map:

Oceanweather Inc: Current Marine Data

That's the global map, but there are also more detailed maps of individual regions - just select one in the menu on the right side, and then click the icon "sea surface temperatures" at the top. And there are historical archives too, if you are interested about temperatures at any given time.

And I also developed a Windows Vista Sidebar Gadget that shows not only the water temperature, but also wave height and direction, next tide time, wind force and direction, sunlight, live weather satellite map, some other details, and up to five webcams from your favorite beach. I posted about the gadget a year ago, so you can find it in the DB archive. I did some modification lately, and will update the gadget available on my server later when I test it little bit more. Right now it shows beautiful weather, no waves (0.3m), and still a nice water temperature of 18.1 at my diving spot near Agde, France. Just a pity I am already back in Lyon, far from the sea :(

At the bottom, 4 degrees in winter, 4 degrees in Autumn, 4 degrees in spring, 4 degrees in summer.

Don't notice though I try and sleep through it

Wales, UK
Posted via Mobile Device

Kona surface 24-27 60 meters 23-26

Coldest in March/April warmest August-November

Ivo, that's good info. I stuck a copy at the ARC along with sea salinity & a google maps satellite feed, and my local coast conditions (temp, wind, tide) widget. (* THE-ARC *): Global Sea Conditions as of date posted

Eureka CA USA (Humboldt Bay/Kuala Walu Wiki)
water temp 56F 13C
air temp 61F 16C

Last edited:
Hmmm..? Winter?

winter?!?!? nop it's cold and rainy most of the year high levels of humidity cause your body the cooler faster even if you have 15 ºC (wich is pretty good in winter) the all time record was 20 ºC for the atlantic cost of both countries ( excluding a southern part of Portugal wich sometimes goes up to 24 ºC) but it's like 13 ºc all the time, I think the same temp. aplies to AZORES

For a long time now i have been thinking about starting a thread about
water temperatures around the world!

As i'm constant dreaming about to emigrate it would be a great pleasure reading about temperatures

Whats interesting would be both summer average and winter average!

For example were i live in middle of sweden east coast,
we have about 18c average summer with peek of 21c if the sun shines constantly for 3-4 week

winters about 0-1c and often ice in the inner archipelago

I just read you post, I'm also trying to imigrate but in my case I chose cold denmark :duh let me just warn you that scandinavia is not the only cold place in EU that's a urban myth I live in Portugal and it's damm cold due to high levels of humidity this year for the time time in my life I saw snow at the swiss alpes and I was there with just a t-shirt

If you want a spearfishing paradise go to Azores there are spearfisher who get a bonner just to ear this name and summer has a decent temp. (+25ºC) but the water is cold and with lot's of tuna,beautiful landscapes, earnings are low forget about travling on summer and big nights out,

southern France or Spain are lovely places the earnings are good (if you have family you can give a good living to your kids there) Italy sounds like a good place at least lot's of freedivers love it :inlove

You can see water temperatures worldwide live on this interactive map:

Oceanweather Inc: Current Marine Data

That's the global map, but there are also more detailed maps of individual regions - just select one in the menu on the right side, and then click the icon "sea surface temperatures" at the top. And there are historical archives too, if you are interested about temperatures at any given time.

And I also developed a Windows Vista Sidebar Gadget that shows not only the water temperature, but also wave height and direction, next tide time, wind force and direction, sunlight, live weather satellite map, some other details, and up to five webcams from your favorite beach. I posted about the gadget a year ago, so you can find it in the DB archive. I did some modification lately, and will update the gadget available on my server later when I test it little bit more. Right now it shows beautiful weather, no waves (0.3m), and still a nice water temperature of 18.1 at my diving spot near Agde, France. Just a pity I am already back in Lyon, far from the sea :(

Tnx :friday

Ah, just see it now - I meant selecting the region in the menu on the left side, not on the right as I wrote! But I guess it is not difficult to see it, even without the instructions :)

hmm Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

Winter 23 degrees C
Summer 30 degrees C

so pretty good all round really even the deep lake up in the hills only gets as cold as 20 on the surface and 17 at depth in the middle of winter.

DD

warm enough not to bother keeping track all year round.... here in Hawaii i can dive with a 2 mm shorty for 3 hours before i start to get cold

warm enough not to bother keeping track all year round.... here in Hawaii i can dive with a 2 mm shorty for 3 hours before i start to get cold
I dived in a 2mm shorty for around 1.5 hours in Cornwall one Summer...but was starting to show mild symptoms of the onset of hypothermia afterwards :D.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT