• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

waterway powerblades stiffness

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The WW pockets hurt! They would bite into the arch at the bottom of my foot on every stroke. I guess someone could get used to them but I sent my WW bifins back after one test dive. Again, the guys there exchanged the bifins for teh blades with no hassle.

Brad

Brad,
Which Waterway footpockets did you have? The heelstrap "monofin style" ones? Waterway now have a new footpocket, the Nemo , similiar in style to the Sporasub, but better made and more consistent
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Sorry that was a typo, mean to say the. I did get the monofin style pocket since I was told that it was more efficient. Those Nemo fins look good but I have heard mixed things about the Spetton pockets. Thank you for the link.

Brad

Personally I like the Spetton pockets, they fit my feet much better than the Sporasub (I can't currently use Waterways for most of my diving as the size 46-48 I need when wearing 3mm socks is not available........yet!)
Spetton footpockets are made by Tecknosport, and are exactly the same as the C4, Seatec and Metalsub footpockets. The old Omer footpockets (with the Valerio Grassi signature) were also made by Teknosport on the same moulds, but with a harder rubber compound
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Dave,

I was told that the largest 'Nemo' pocket is a 44-45. How do they fit compared to the sporasub pockets of equivalent size? I usually wear a size 12 shoe - I am debating if the 44-45 would work for me. thanks.

The Nemo footpocket is very similiar in dimensions to the Sporasub footpocket. 44-45 is currently the largest size, but 46-48 is in development. I wear UK 10 or 11 in shoes (size 44). I can wear the Nemo 44-45 with bare feet, but with 3mm socks I need 46-48
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT