• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Waterway variofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Guys,

This fins are very good for racing, and made especially for World Champs in this. I don't think they're great for freediving. The angle is for surface! They're about 350 USD, it's 2 times cheaper then from Tumen, bt anyway Model1 is great also! Buy 3 for the same price. I've not seen them in hands myself and could not try them. For racing on surface they're a bit better them Model1. Guys this mono is for champs in racing not diving!

Attachments

• racingmono.jpg
    racingmono.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 309
Me and my buddys all agree that an angle between foot and blade is beneficial for constant weight diving, especially during descent.

We also think it's good for dynamic apnea.

Probably many divers will disagree and that's nature, everybodys opinion is different. :)

My belief is that this fins may be good even for divers! (If it ain't too heavy because of the wing construction)

But you're right about the price! (even if I would pay the double for the perfect monofin (for me) when development has gone as far as for ex. alpine skiis, but that's me)

Anyway thanks Peter for your input, you shurely knows far, far more than me regarding monofins.;)

Last edited:
Hi Namesake,
;)
thanks!
We can check.
You're out of main region but maybe you're in the area of destination of the headoffice.
I can mail Bogdan to ask the cheaper price for you as the first diver who tryes it. I cannot garantee but can try. So mail me if you're planning to buy - it's a very interesting point for me. I have an opposite opinion but maybe you're right?! :duh

all the best

Thank's Peter

It's really interesting with this sport it's so new and there is so much to explore and develop!

One thing I know is that i like the respons of Waterways blades.
(I have a Model 1 Medium)

I'll contact you Namesake!;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT