• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Waterways Captain Nemo blade compatibility with Mares razor pockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rubenjb

Aug 24, 2022
Hello,

I have a pair of the original Waterways nemo blades (I think also called matrix in some places) and I'd like to attach Mares razor foot pockets to them. These are FLAT blades, so don't fit the profile for modern blades but would hopefully work still work in these pockets. Before I order the pockets, has anyone tried this combo before?

thanks

Hello,

I have a pair of the original Waterways nemo blades (I think also called matrix in some places) and I'd like to attach Mares razor foot pockets to them. These are FLAT blades, so don't fit the profile for modern blades but would hopefully work still work in these pockets. Before I order the pockets, has anyone tried this combo before?

thanks
Mares footpocket is for a 22 degrees angle, without a separation line (curve). Even if you are able to force the blade into it - I am not sure it is the best idea.

Mares footpocket is for a 22 degrees angle, without a separation line (curve). Even if you are able to force the blade into it - I am not sure it is the best idea.
Thanks for the feedback! Do you think it would put strain on the blade, foot pocket, or both? Do you know if there is stiff/strong preformed angle in the tendons of the pocket? I was hoping I would be able to persuade the tendons to conform to no angle as I've read that they're reasonably soft. I'm afraid I don't know what a separation line is. Cheers

Unfortunately I can not do a test for you - do not have your blades. But I disassemble and assemble my Mares fins often and it is a pretty tight squeeze to force the blade into the footpocket. The side rails a pretty tall and thick close to the insertion point so you might put an extra stress on your blades. Sorry can not be of more help

Unfortunately I can not do a test for you - do not have your blades. But I disassemble and assemble my Mares fins often and it is a pretty tight squeeze to force the blade into the footpocket. The side rails a pretty tall and thick close to the insertion point so you might put an extra stress on your blades. Sorry can not be of more help
I really appreciate the help, thank you!

I have a suggestion. Should you implement your idea - you would have to drill two 6mm holes in the blade. Drill only one. It will be sufficient to secure the blade. Less chance to develop a crack. Also you might get away with drilling a 5mm hole or 5.5mm. The smaller - the better. I have a custom attachment system since I do not like the supplies screws. In my two pairs of Mares blades one have 6mm holes and one - 5mm

I have a suggestion. Should you implement your idea - you would have to drill two 6mm holes in the blade. Drill only one. It will be sufficient to secure the blade. Less chance to develop a crack. Also you might get away with drilling a 5mm hole or 5.5mm. The smaller - the better. I have a custom attachment system since I do not like the supplies screws. In my two pairs of Mares blades one have 6mm holes and one - 5mm
That's probably a good idea. I may even try gluing the blades in, though a screw would give a bit more support I suppose. cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT