• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

wearing gloves? hands still cold? try this...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alun

Oct 5, 2001
make a neoprene cuff that goes over the glove and seals against your wetsuit. this stops the water from flushing into the glove and keeps your hands much warmer!

I've tried to upload a photo of the cuff i made but there seems to be a problem of some kind. If anyone really wants to see the photo then email me. maybe someone else will have more luck uploading the image?

I have tried to upload an .jpg file
At the begining I tried with 1.7Mb :D (stupid, huh?)

Then I decreased to 170Kb

The vBulletin message was: "This is not a valid jpeg file"
I am puzzled

What's wrong?

File size? jpeg format&resolution ?

I got the same message. i tried jpg, png and even gif formats.

Maybe something to do with the work on the server that was announced for this week.

Alun, I use actual dry gloves when it gets 10C or less. Basically they're rubber gloves with a bell cuff glued on facing away from the glove as opposed to coming off the cuff of a drysuit. Some warm fabric gloves inside, and off you go. This extends my time in the water by at least 50% if not longer.
The compression of the gloves is not really an issue down to 30 metres, and I'm usually just hunting in 2 to 10 metres anyway at those temps.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

I bought a set of gloves like Erik mentioned off of Ebay and finally got a chance to try them out today. They work great down to 10 meters, the deepst spot I could find, and am sure that they will work much deeper than that. They are the warmest things I've ever used and can hardly wait until the lakes open up a bit so that I can try them with my kayak.:inlove

Here's a couple of shots I took of them today. Water temps were hovering around 36(F) and the air was around 32(F). Also a quick shot of how the lake looked today.

Jon

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT