• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

website revisited

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LioKai

Did Anyone Else See That
Jan 18, 2004
As originally posted by RigDvr...

The web site www.towersoflife.com is incredible. Maybe I just need to get of this island more often, but I didn't ever give any thought to the diversity of marine life that is living on and around oil rigs. We don't have oil rigs here in Hawaii, out of sight out of mind. But we do have some fish in common with the Atlantic.

One of the scrolling fish pics on the 'towers' page is of Sergent Major Damsels. They are not uncommon here, and I suspect they are very common in the Gulf too. I've been shooting video of them while they lay their eggs in a criss cross pattern on rocks. The long nose butterflies make a chirping sound when they eat the eggs of the Sergents. Very exciting to hear and to watch. (well, to me it is exciting)

If you haven't seen the "Towers of Life" web site before then check it out. This would be an incredible waste of manmade reef if they were to be removed.

Does anyone else know of a web site or two that is of interest? Please share it. And thank you RigDvr for posting "Towers of Life".

Matthew

I really like the towers-of-life idea. Seems they could be expanded as well, tree-like with branches, for more sea life space. Better than rubber reefs, concrete spheres, old cars IMO.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT