• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

weekend start

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

anton

May 28, 2004
We started our weekend this afternoon and went out to make sure we had enough fish. My buddy and I got lucky each nailed a kingfish (canad).

We are already seeing less fish here, no groups of 30 golden trevally crusing past anymore :-( Surface temps are 40-47 and water temp has been holding at 26-27 for weeks now. We are finding we must fish areas that are deeper for decent sized fish.

Our favorite turtle is still hanging around though and soon I hope to scuba in with a camera and get some shots of him-He is always there watching us fish wanting handouts (strange for a lone turtle 25 kilometers offshore in an unmarked and little known location! )

My friends weighed in at 7.5 KG and mine at 6.5 ... he stoned his fish cold. Slid right off the spear and just pulled it over. Mine wanted to fight due to my poor aim ! It was hiding with a school of barracuda and I did a double take on the tail.. then the eye... then my finger twitched:) We also got about 3 golden trevally a piece.

The kingfish were both cruising between 10 and 14 meters shot from a bit above and a bit below respectively.

The Kingfish will be steaks on my grill tomorrow night with a pineapple/hot pepper/onion salsa :)

Attachments

• mohdking2.jpg
    mohdking2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 324
another

and here is mine :)

Attachments

• antonkingtrev3.jpg
    antonkingtrev3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 307
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT