• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Well guys looks like i am hanging it up

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dotey

spear fisher 85
May 22, 2007
so looks like i will be done with spearfishing so all my gear is up for sale if any of you guys know of anyone that would like something just get ahold of me and let me know

??? Why you giving up mate if u dont mind me asking?

I think the best thing to do is hold on to your gear as you will want to spear later in life?

I agree- come spring- you'll want to go out. and a few months down the road- things could change in your life- you never know. But It's your call, I know I'll probably be safer now :D

Spetton needs you!

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
This reply is coming from someone that has a ton of hobbies, with shifting interests....

Man, you live near a ton of lakes. The only person stopping you, is you. I know it's more fun to go out and hang with others, but if you love the sport, you'll do what you can to get out and dive. I'm lucky to go once a month and I have not hung it up yet. Maybe the rare opportunities to do it are what keep me coming back??

If you like diving, don't get into a poor me mentality, plan a time to go dive and go do it. If you really don't like doing it, then say it's not your bag and walk away.

6 months of the year the lakes are iced over here in Alberta. My gear sits and waits for me until May, every year! I stay connected through Deeper Blue, have the odd spearfishing dream, and miss spearfishing terribly.
But my gear's still there in May. I'd say sleep on it for a few months.
Warmly,
Erik

I'm assuming stuff, because I don't know all the facts, but it seems to me that there are a few good dudes that you hang out with that actually give a shit about you and enjoy your company. If spearfishing's a big part of that, then that's something to consider too.

well i will hold onto it for a bit i just wasnt sure that things were going to go right with rent and phone bill i told my wife well ill do what i need too. I know scott would feel safer if i did LMAO so i will hold onto it and see what happens. and it isnt cause i cant go out with anyone or anything like that it was just my family is alot more important than my hobbies

Reactions: spaghetti and Erik
Iv tryed ebay, craigs list the paper and all that stuff but youl never never get a quarter of wat you paid...

Just do wat i do and say that times are tuff and you arre the hunter gather and spearfishing gets frreeee food.

Good luck man i no wat you mean though
All my regards

Me and my wife went round after round with this same thing, and I said "listen woman.....you never know when I might need this f*@ckin jet-pack"

And to this day, I sleep every night comforted by the knowledge that I could get to Culver's in 15 minutes by car, or in 12 seconds with this bad ass piece of machinery.

Sure I could have put food on the table and saved our home.......but then again, it is a JET-PACK.

We're all going through hard times and each of us could tell his own sad money story these days.
Me I have a single income, 2 mortgages, a wife in college, a 3 years old baby growing up so fast that she needs a whole set of new clothes and shoes every 3 months.
BUT my spearfishing stuff stays here with me.
Cause if it's bills that don't let me sleep at night, how could I give up the only thing that really makes me DREAM? :)

Kalin can tech you carp recipes. There is enough to get you through winter.

Damn straight.....that's what I'm doing right now. Eatin some Carp......wearin me a jet-pack.

There was a comment made on the fact that used gear wont fetch a very fair price. Not only is that true, but your gear is worth more than that. Depending on how much your going to need to come up with, selling your gear probably wont cut it. The long term food benefit is greater than the immediate cash pay off. Sorry about the situation, Forrest

What about keping the gear and eating one of those snakes- I heard they taste just like chicken?

Jon

I was going to suggest the Roasted Garlic Snake. Then you can make a nice belt or start saving the skin for a high falutin pair o boots!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT