• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wessex Spearfishing Club 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

chrisreynolds

life coach
Feb 1, 2008
Just thought maybe a new 2010 thread was a good idea. A place to put up proposals, plans, trips, boat spaces etc. As KKDAVIDS suggested, it would be good to get some sort of calendar up for barbies, pub lunches and stuff.

How about may 22nd.....BBQ at knoll beach. Boats and kayaks welcome (theres plenty good fishing within an easy paddle or boat ride). Maybe even pitch tents...........

Backup plan in the event of rubbish weather, lunch and a few beers in the bankes or swanage.

Any thoughts............

Plus ofcourse, tuesday dive locations.

Last edited:
Hi every one
That is a good idea Chris ,particularly for the ones that had a busy agenda like myself,I won't be able to make it that weekend (flying back from Turkey just that day) but more than happy to attend as often as I can.
This year I am making the rota at work so I ll try to keep tuesday evenings as free as possibe for those club days.
I really hope this weather changes soon so we can start enjoyng once again.
See you soon

Well we got our first boat dive in - very enjoyable especially the pizza picnic at Lulworth:) Thanks to Toni, Dave, Broughy & Al - see you Tuesday
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you get any fish?

Had a quick peek in one of my favorite local spots on friday but the vis was worse than i'd hoped.......saw a few mullet and a big gar but no bass. I did see a nice one the previous saturday at the same spot though.......missed him.

I can't do this tuesday but i can do next tuesday if there's a club dive happening. Kayak fishfinder is up and running too.

Anyone heard from milkman Rick?

Not a lot of fish However Dave did catch a record breaking garfish (possibly)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi
Is the club organising any dives this tuesday evening?
If anybody is interested could you send me a quick message,ta

Hi
Is the club organising any dives this tuesday evening?
If anybody is interested could you send me a quick message,ta

Hi Cesar/All,

club dive is on!

Text/PM Broughy gor details

Cheer
Paul
Posted via Mobile Device

took a trip out yesterday with a selection of east dorset riff raff to pillage some west dorset waters.

we ended up (eventually!) at a well known giant shingle beach, protected from the east north east breeze. me and broughy jumped out in the shallows and left paul (smith) and Tony (iannu) to dive some deep reefs out of our depths.
after about 20 mins i spotted a tail sticking out from behind some weed at the end of a small ledge. it didn't take much to position myself as he couldn't see me. i had plenty of time to plan the shot as i edged over the ledge.
ping! stone dead.
i reckon it was partly my new tip shape. a conical tri cut affair knocked up on my grinder...........three cutting edges and a point!:martial. good job really as the flopper didn't quite make it out the other side of his fat head.
after waiting (and freezing) for what seemed like an eternity to be collected i discovered i was the only one with a fish and......

it was 8 1/4 pounds! not bad for my first fish of the season!
thanks for a top day chaps! and for the cake tony!

when i got back home i spent an hour scaling, gutting and filleting the beast then i went night diving with the elusive milkman..........

Attachments

• 09052010055.jpg
    09052010055.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 164
Well done Chris very nice fish.
Any info about the Club diving tomorrow?
Cheers

Club dive Chesil cove - Broughy will text details to anyone interested. Meet at FerryBridge for beer & stories after:friday
Posted via Mobile Device

Well done Chris. There's nothing like getting an 8+lb bass on your first dive of the year and I should know :t .

Dave.

Well done Chris awesome Bass, good hunting and report, Rep on its way... :friday

Current FOM links are always in my signature. Ditto Scott Wilson.

Otherwise DeeperBlue Forums > International Spearo Network & Trip Reports > Europe & Mediterranean > UK & Ireland > FOM

:)

Dave.

Last edited:
thanks chaps. yup, FOM entry done, but i don't think i have a chance against OMD and shiny1's efforts. 9lb pollack! 8lb 11 bass! 4lb cuttle! still, you gotta be in it to win it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT