• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wet suit=anxiety

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Krater

Apr 2, 2004
I have an OMER mimetic med 6.5mm and am at a loss as to how to put it one without killing myself, or at least feeling like im going to kill myself. That period where i put my head into the suit and try to pull it thorugh the suit, then through the hole and into the hood is terrifying! I'm serious! Is there a trick to this? I put my arms through, then I kinda sinch up the bottome of the suit and go for broke, only to ditch the whole thing and go back to my, too-small for comfort, zipp-up, old beaten down deep see wetsuit. Can anyone relate to this? Can a zipper be installed? Please help because this stupid thing is cool, works really well and cost me alot of money to sit there becasue I'm too freaked out to put it on.
Thanks,
kyle

I empathise well Kyle - wetsuits are no fun for claustrophobics.
You want to get both arms fully sorted and the waist rolled up before tackling the neoprene dive. Use shampoo as a lube and/or plastic bags on your hands. The Elios website has a photo demonstration.
After the first few times you will get used to the feeling, and the wetsuit will get used to you.

Kyle
If you go to eliossub.com they will show you a better way that might work. One arm, then the head.
Would it work to fold the suit up and put the hood on first? That's how you get out.
You can have an inverted zipper installed with an attached hood but that would still require you to put your head into the suit.
Aloha
Bill

thanks bill and will, I'll ckeck out the sight, use some shampoo and etc... One arm than the hood-roll it up...I'll hit it tonight! thanks again.
Kyle

To get into my piccolo's I pour in a conditioner water solution (the cheap stuff ) . When its cold heat up the water it makes it more fun. Then one arm at a time so you can use the other for help. Once you I get both arms in i get my head inside the suite and slide it on until i get to the neck. then i use my hand to help my head through, don't bother about the hood going on just push it to the back. once i get this far i work the suite into position taking out the bunches that form if i made the lude to thin, and pull the top all the way down and buckle it, then I am free to go about what ever has to be done.

Kyle,
I use the conditioner and water solution too. I slide into the suit very easily after that. It'll also be easier on your suit! I use a spray bottle and coat the inside of the suit, then just slide it on, head first, then one arm at a time.

You've got a nice suit there! I'm sure you'll get used to it soon.

Aaron.

Thanks alot, that condition/water solution with a spray bottle is the ticket. I thought I had to get it wet and all this other stuff, it was just seeming like such a bummer! You guys are great, thanks for the help.
Kyle

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT