• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wet Suit Needed for Warm Waters

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Woogie

May 29, 2013
Long story short, I'm finally gonna make it to Florida/Keys this year to take a free-diving class. After a short snorkel/diving trip last year, my interest has been reignited. Diving in the reefs was simply magical.

However I'm wondering what (if any) type of wet suit is suggested for warm water diving? I was looking at Mako's selection of 3mm full suits, but I feel that may be overkill.... What would you guys suggest?

Water temp in the Keys varies a lot with season. When will you be there. How active to you plan to be when diving?

A very well fitting 3 mil will be fine for winter for low intensity diving a couple of hours, need less other times or higher activity.

Taking a class will be low intensity. Get some advice from the instructor

Last edited:
I'll probably be late summer or early fall. That said, I would like to dive at various locations (All warm water) at various times of the year in future. Do must of you guys just have a couple different suits for different conditions?

I imagine just diving a couple hours at a time. I have no desire to spear fish or do any competitive stuff, so it'll be recreational; I would think that would be pretty low intensity

Late summer early fall, you will probably be fine with our one-piece 2 mm, reversible - yamamoto suit.

M1YBG-2T.jpg

If you are concerned about sun protection, a lycra hood would be a good choice.

If you want to extend your season, adding our 2 mm hood will make a big difference.

As mentioned, the 3 mm, 2-piece suit should be good for winter and a good bit of the year, but even the jacket may be too warm for late summer/early fall.

Dive Safe!

Dano

Reactions: nurSEAllen
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT