• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wet_suit....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ling-cod_kid

Aug 31, 2004
I_know_that_a_two_peace_ziperles_wetsuit_with

a_bever_tale_is_probaly_the_way_to_go.....but

I_was_thinking_about_geting_a_single_peace_with

the_hood_atached_and_it_zips_acoss_the_chest

does_anyone_know_if_this_is_a_good_syle_of

wetsuit?

Thanks_David

What is your reasoning for thinking about the one piece with zipper? Good price on one? Is this a surfing suit you are thinking of? The downfall with zipper is that they leak water. A good fitting open cell inside apnea suit is virtually a semi dry suit and are extremely warm for their thickness. My limited experience with one piece suits is that they are usually made with a flexible neoprene. This is a plus. Most apnea suits are also made with good quality flexible neoprene, but the warmth benefit would make them superior.

Also, another consideration if you are a spearo - chest loading a gun against a zipper may be uncomfortable.

suits

- personally, i switched from a classic scuba suit to an apnea suit and then to a tailored apnea suit - I haven't worn the scuba suit since then... definitely go for the two piece beaver tail suit - no zippers - no leaks. And if you choose open cell inside you'll get the best insulation possible. Just my oppinion

Zipper in wetsuit = Screen door in submarine.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Hey Ling,
Open cell means that the neoprene is not covered with something... that mean it will stick to your skin with VERY little water between the neoprene and your skin making you nice and toasty! I would say that an open cell wetsuit is your best bet, especially if you are diving in colder waters. My wetsuit is a smoothskin outside (its smooth so i glide under water better) and jersey on the inside. I took jersey on the inside because i am diving in warmer waters (south of france).
Oh and open cell is harder to get into, since it sticks to your skin, but take a bottle of water and squirt some conditioner or sahmpoo in it and pour it in the suit and you will have no problems putting the suit on ;)
Sorry for such a complicated post with so much stuff in it, dont be hesitant to pm me for questions

Hey Liquid,
Usually, the main difference is that scuba suits have zippers and come in once piece, sometime with a seperate head piece. A Apnea suit come in two pieces (pants and top) and doesnt have zippers. Scuba suits also usually have bright colors on them like yellow and pink, while most apnee suits are usually completely black..
Here is a pic of my suit... which shows you the top half. Notice the incorporated head thingy

Attachments

• wettsuittt.jpg
    wettsuittt.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 276
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT