• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetsuit Chaffing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
Personally i didn't tried it yet but i saw from others that they are wearing those long thin (almost transparent) women socks under the suit. I don't know what you call it but its the one from your foot fingers to waist. They saw this method from italian spearfishing champs...

Reactions: andrsn
In the states we just call them Lady's nylons.

We used to wear them under our scuba wetsuits before dive skins were invented. This made the suit slide on a lot easier and it also created an extra water-trapping layer to help keep you warm. THese were suits that were lined with nylon on the inside.

A dive skin will do the same thing and you'll get asked a lot fewer questions.;)

Jon

The second day of the State Titles I wore a Lycra Suit I bought for diving in PNG. Man, the relief! No more bleeding either..:)

Hi

I also got chafed a lot by my wetsuit but then started this with it.

Get home. - Wash it with fresh water. - This removes the salt crystals and also prolong the life of your wetsuit.

Fill a hipbath with lukewarm water.
Chuck in a lot of Sta-Soft (Fabric Softner) and let it soak over night.
When you take it out take some of the softner (Undiluted) and rub it into the places that usually chafes you. Normally for me under my arms and at the back of my knees. Let this dry.

Next time when you put it on it will slip on...

...well like a glove :D

Cheers Reinier

Wetsuit Chafing/ lubricant

...This sounds like a combination of no lube in the suit, and dry skin.
Last weekend the ultimate suit-lube was provided by Jeff and Lavon. It's water-based, non-reactive with neoprene, slippery as heck, and odorless. Did I mention it's non-toxic? It also rinses easily off the suit afterwards....
In a quart bottle, fill 1/4 with K-Y. [might be marketed overseas as 'Personal lubricant']
Top with water, stopping halfway to shake and blend well.
Voila! The best suit-lube ever.....yes, we teased Jeff and Lavon mercilessly....but the stuff works.

Excessively dry skin happens when you don't rinse off salt water, dry carefully....and moisturize with your favorite lotion before dressing.

There is a great cream you can buy called a+d ointment, last summer I was commercial diving on a daily bassis with chaff, this stuff kicked ass. Although the ky stuff sounds good too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT