• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetsuit for Cold Water Diving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JMD

May 10, 2001
I do most of my diving in cold mountain lakes with the occasional foray to the British Columbia coast.

I've been looking at the cressi supercompetition, mainly because the price at the deeper blue online store looks reasonable (even when converted to the canadian peso ;) ), has anyone used this wetsuit before? If so what thoughts do they have?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I have not tried that suit, but for cold waters...it looks fine..
I have metallite lining on my Escalpez 5,5mm suit and it worked fine at the Barents sea.. water temp was about +9C....
I think that supercomp suit looks good!
if yo udo buy it tell us what you think of it.
safe diving
Pekka

Cressi suites

Hello!
I havent used the supercompetition but i have a 5mm competition suit.
I think my suite works wery fine in kold conditions. Me and my buddy have been out diving in 2 degrees celsius for about 1 hour and it´s our feets an hands that stops us. so if the SuperC. is in the same quality that C. suite is i say go for it.

/fredrik

supercomp

I have the supercomp and have posted quite a few raves about it if you feel like searching the site. Bottom line- excellent suit, very warm, well made, best suit for the money.
Jim

I'm with Jim. If you can't score a Picasso, the SuperComp is a sweet suit and combined with time in the water, you're in fat city.

sven

On that note I've place my order. With any luck will arrive early next week!

Thanks everybody.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT