• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetsuit for motivated beginner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

olivierhbh

Jun 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

I started practising static breatholds and CO2 tables about 2,5 months ago and just finished my aida 2.
I'm planning to join a club here in Geneva and to train in swimming pool dynamic and static + dives in clear and salted waters, both fun dives and line descents.

I'm thinking about getting a suit as I don't own one, would you recommend me to get a smooth skin which I saw is a lot more fragile, or a neoprene?

Basically after a while of online browsing, I would either buy a polosub glide (custom made, good quality, smooth, fragile) or a cressi apnea (what I had during my aida 2 and it felt good already, good for price, solid).
I wanted a ninepin but they don't plan to restock ;(.

You might also consider our Freedive suits. these suits are made specifically for freediving..

http://www.makospearguns.com/Freedive-Wetsuit-Yamamoto-Y45-p/my45mw.htm

MY45MW-2T.jpg

All suits will be made of some type of neoprene. I'd recommend you get an open cell suit (What most spear suits are made of) as they offer much more than lined suits. With an open cell, you will be much warmer and I feel personally that they feel much smoother and less constrictive than tradition lined suited. As far as brands go I'd recommend Mako as they have great prices and even better customer service. However, I recommend you look at their wetsuit fit chart to be sure that it will fit as all brands fit differently. I hope this answers your question.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT