• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetsuit help!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Aerwyna

Dec 12, 2015
I'm looking to switch from my Xcel wetsuit to a two piece wetsuit. The thing is that I HATE camo and the loading pad for speargun. I don't hunt nor will I, So I don't want these features. I've looked at Elios and a few others but want more options. Budget no more than 400$ 6'6ft 150lb
I've held out for years but always wanted to give it a try so any advice and knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Brad
I just switched to Henderson two piece suits and i love them! I swim solo so the zipper on the back has always been a hassle. There is virtually no way for a zipper failure on the two piece. I have 3-5-and 7 mil suits so i can mix tops and bottoms as the conditions dictate..

Do you think I'll need medium or large sizing again I'm 6'6 but skinny the thing is my arms are very long played ball for years.

For less than 400$ you can have excellent, tailor-made suit from Elios.
I've looked into them as well there smooth skin suits are beautiful. I thought about parings it with nylon bottoms because I dive in somewhat rocky conditions. Odds are I'll have to go this route. Thanks Chris!

IMHO you do not need smoothskin unless this is the suit for competition. Superstretch nylon/open cell inside is robust, comfy and warm...

IMHO you do not need smoothskin unless this is the suit for competition. Superstretch nylon/open cell inside is robust, comfy and warm...
Yeah also smoothskin priced at 410$ after tax and shipping isn't so great.

Wetsuit? At 6.6 and 150 pounds you should practically be able to swim between the cold water molecules without touching them :)

I hate camo, and i don't hunt also. If you go solo like i do, the two piece is the best way to go..

with $400 you can get almost many things. I prefer Elios. Love the Yamamoto. There is also Omer Umberto Pelizzari but never know the review of it. I think most of wetsuits with no chest pad are made in smooth skin. If you plan to wear that for scuba as well and not just freediving, better not to choose smooth skin type cause it cause another problem to wear your Scuba gears such as BCD and others (at least that's what I heard). For non Smooth skin you might want to check Cressi. I cannot found the wetsuit for woman in their website but I am pretty sure watched Julie Gautier wear one when she dove with Nery in Cressi YouTube channel. Love the design. I guess it suppose to be Cressi Apnea. I think you need to contact Cressi to get the information.

Wetsuit? At 6.6 and 150 pounds you should practically be able to swim between the cold water molecules without touching them :)

I hate camo, and i don't hunt also. If you go solo like i do, the two piece is the best way to go..
Pretty much I surface with just two kicks Jk.

At your height and weight, if you want a good fitting wetsuit you will not get an off the peg suit, I can pretty much promise you that. I am 6'5" and weigh about 190 lbs. I got a Cressi open cell, nylon outside two piece spearfishing suit in size 5 which was the best compromise between my height and weight, according to the size table it was going to be a bit short and a bit too big. The bottoms are fine but my thighs are quite large, the top however does do height wise but its a bit too big around my abdomen and flushes a bit. I am always on the look out for a good fitting top to a two piece spearfishing suit, I wish the manufacturers would do tall sizes like they do for surfing suits. An O'Neil suit in Large Tall (LT) fits me like a glove! :D

Agreed that custom seems like your best bet. No need for smoothskin. I'm 6'1 and 155lbs and just ordered a custom Elios for $290 and they were available down to $250. Another $50 for shipping if not in Italy. Most of the custom shops can do pricing in that area I believe. A better fitting wetsuit with the economy materials will be much warmer and more comfortable than off the shelf with dicey fit that has every bell and whistle known to man.

At your height and weight, if you want a good fitting wetsuit you will not get an off the peg suit, I can pretty much promise you that. I am 6'5" and weigh about 190 lbs. I got a Cressi open cell, nylon outside two piece spearfishing suit in size 5 which was the best compromise between my height and weight, according to the size table it was going to be a bit short and a bit too big. The bottoms are fine but my thighs are quite large, the top however does do height wise but its a bit too big around my abdomen and flushes a bit. I am always on the look out for a good fitting top to a two piece spearfishing suit, I wish the manufacturers would do tall sizes like they do for surfing suits. An O'Neil suit in Large Tall (LT) fits me like a glove! :D
I went ahead saved my money and bought a custom made suite. My first open cell suit hopefully I'll like it! :)

Reactions: Pinniped72
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT