• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

wetsuit/lube allergy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
has anyone tried wearing anything under a freedive suit? I know it might be tricky to get on

looking specifically at the Reed Chillcheater stuff as it seems really thin - anyone tried it?

www.chillcheater.com

Fourth Element are also seeing if they can help me out - their hydroskin top is designed for this problem but at the moment they don't make legs in it (so at least only have of me will look like a leper after diving!). They make thermocline leggings now but I think they might be a bit heavy to kick in.

www.fourthelement.com

S

I have got the Chill Cheater stuff. Haven't tried it yet but it looks very kinky! and like it might do the job... apparently it is specifically designed to by hypo allergenic so we will see..

will keep you posted

S

update -yesterday I wore my head to toe Reed Chillcheater suit under my wetsuit and....

No Rash!!!

yippee I think I cracked it!!!

Sam

Sam- in a big plastic garbage can add a small splash of regular bleach to the hot water, 30-35 gallons total. Soak the suit for an hour or so and then rinse with clean hot water. You can get the water straight from the tap at the bottom of the hot water heater or do it in the shower. Hang it inside out with a light dusting of cornstartch to keep it from sticking if you have a unlined/un coated suit.

Then use speargearshop's SuitSlip. www.speargearshop.com Done.

Attachments

• Speargear product photos 003.jpg
    Speargear product photos 003.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 127
A rather hairy colleague was using his electric shaver at work recently. He reckons the hand washes that were widely distributed to combat Swine Flu work really well as a pre-shave, lubricating the skin. So perhaps it might make a decent a potential anti-germ wetsuit lube too? We have dispensers in key locations (entry to office, bathrooms) and were given personal bottles of it too.

I believe it is just (or mainly) glycerol (as the lube) and alcohol (as the disinfectant). This thread is quite old though.

A more recent discussion on wetsuit lube can be found at:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/beginner-freediving/83745-silly-question-wetsuit-lube.html

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT