• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

wetsuit repair

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JimGlynn

Jan 16, 2002
Hi all-
What do you recommend for repairing small nicks in the rubber from fingernails, rocks,etc? None of the rips have come through completely, but I would like to take care of them before they do. Thanks.
Jim

not exactly the same problem

Jim,

Two weeks ago the seam at the bottom of the zipper ripped out from my shorty wetsuit. I thought it was time to buy a new suit but I decided to try "Aquaseal" - $6 from a local dive shop. I thought the glue would never hold at this high stress point on the suit. However, after drying overnight, it held solid and worked great this past weekend. Time will tell how long it will last, but I'm certainly pleased now.

Try throwing a little of the glue in your knicks and see if that strengthens them from getting any worse.

Scott

Last edited:
Repair of Wetsuit

Hi Jim!
Just glue it by good glue for neoprene like RIGO. If it's a part of suit in the 'tension' area like elbows, knee or pelvis use neoprene patch (you can by it any windsurfing shop), put cross bands is OK. Carefully hammer through soft textile revering area to make it softer.
Use ONLY glue for neoprene!!! NEVER use gasoline or anything that can dissolve the neoprene layer to remove fat or we damage your wetsuit forever!!! Using not-neoprene glues like German 'Momentum' (Russian or Polish 'Moment') will make a big trouble by dissolving the area of repairing.
For big damages you can use threes but carefully! Don't use force or the neoprene will be damaged!
Always use a patch if a seam (stitch) is damaged!!

Safe diving,
Peter

Aquaseal?? NOOOOO!!!!!

Jim, I hope this catches you before you trash your suit with the Aquaseal... Don't use the Aquaseal on areas that are in areas that need to stretch, like knees and elbows, etc. The stuff dries too hard and will only glue the areas directly around it, pretty much isolating the repair area from the surrounding fabric, like a hard spot. Next thing you know, you'll be fixing the areas adjacent to the repairs... Use a good quality, fresh neoprene cement on the suit and save the Aquaseal for the tears on the fingertips and the soles of the boots.

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT