• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetsuit woes

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

103Alex1

Sep 6, 2017
Hi.

Still trying to find a 5/7mm 2-piece wetsuit (unlined inside) that's going to work for me. Bought a Cressi Scorfano and got into the trousers OK to try on wetting them in the bath but the jacket is another matter altogether. I can get my head through it and 1 arm in but the neoprene is so stiff and inflexible I can't get both arms in and don't want to damage it as at this rate it may well be going back !!

I'm bang in the middle of the sizing range for the size I ordered and am flexible enough to reach all parts of my middle back with either arm so I'm either doing something wrong, need to take up Yoga to put my wetsuit on, need something with more stretch or it's just an absolute nightmare getting in and out of those wetsuits and everyone has the same problem every time they want to go out in the water ...

Can I please get other peoples' input to their experiences and if possible any indication whether the Yamamoto wetsuits are significantly more flexible than the stuff Cressi uses ? Or any super-strecth suits out there ? They've do wonders with stretch of surfing / lined wetsuits in recent years so I'm hoping there might be an equivalent in camo 2-piece ones also.

Also any practical guidance on getting them on when you're out at a site ? I've had one on easily before abroad by just getting in the (warmish) water and sliding into it hence trying the one I bought in the bath over here... but that's obviously not something I'm going to be happy doing in 10 degree water at the beach in the UK in March !!!!

Hi.

Still trying to find a 5/7mm 2-piece wetsuit (unlined inside) that's going to work for me. Bought a Cressi Scorfano and got into the trousers OK to try on wetting them in the bath but the jacket is another matter altogether. I can get my head through it and 1 arm in but the neoprene is so stiff and inflexible I can't get both arms in and don't want to damage it as at this rate it may well be going back !!

I'm bang in the middle of the sizing range for the size I ordered and am flexible enough to reach all parts of my middle back with either arm so I'm either doing something wrong, need to take up Yoga to put my wetsuit on, need something with more stretch or it's just an absolute nightmare getting in and out of those wetsuits and everyone has the same problem every time they want to go out in the water ...

Can I please get other peoples' input to their experiences and if possible any indication whether the Yamamoto wetsuits are significantly more flexible than the stuff Cressi uses ? Or any super-strecth suits out there ? They've do wonders with stretch of surfing / lined wetsuits in recent years so I'm hoping there might be an equivalent in camo 2-piece ones also.

Also any practical guidance on getting them on when you're out at a site ? I've had one on easily before abroad by just getting in the (warmish) water and sliding into it hence trying the one I bought in the bath over here... but that's obviously not something I'm going to be happy doing in 10 degree water at the beach in the UK in March !!!!

i use cressi 7 mm wetsuit it so easy
To put them on
I use cheap conditioner mix with water if is cold weather water wormed . After diving nice worm tea in winter time[emoji847][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SubCurrent
Are you using lube of any kind? For open cell you have to use lube. As previously mentioned, conditioner mixed with water is the cheapest and easiest to use.

Reactions: SubCurrent
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT