• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hapakid808

Mar 20, 2002
hello.
Im looking for a good wetsuit that i can use while im here in the malibu area but its kinda hard to figure out what fits well and what is a thickness i should get. Im left of course with only mail order unless i travel pretty far. Any suggestions? im about 5'11" 180 pounds, chest about a 42 and waist 32-34

For summer or for winter?

I've used a 3mm down there during the summer, but wouldn't go less than a 5 for winter....

Hanapaa has a really good deal on 3mm Picasso bio-termic suits. Some of my friends and I picked up a couple each as they were close-outs at $179 each!!!(They're on SALE at Picasso America webpage for $420!!!) Left mine in Hawaii since I use a 7mm picasso up here.

This wetsuit

Click here for sizing

I'm 5'10" & low 170's & I use a 52, so I think it'd be just right for you. Tried a 54 & it seemed too big...

In any case, drop Sterling a line at Hanapaa to check on available sizes. 800-274-0482 or hanapaa@panworld.net

Reactions: Hapakid808
....give em a call first

You'll want to call Hanapaa before you place an order online, as their website does not always reflect their available stock. I was all jazzed when I saw I could get a 3mm Biotermic 2 Pc for 200 bones.....told Jon about it and he recommended I call them first (base on his own experience)....sure enough, they were out.....:head. Bummer.

Yup, that's why I provided the contact info to check on available sizes...

tried to get that same black biotermic suit last year, but they were OOS, so ended up getting 2 Bio-Blue suits shown in my link because he had them in stock.

Ya, i use a 3/2 surf suit with a light hood or nothing during when school ends and I leave CA. I still get cold. While im here im freezing my a$$ off. what would be a good 5 mm suit?

Whatever brand you choose, just make sure it's an open cell one!

It makes a world of difference in warmth, comfort, and flexibility.

Check out the deeperblue store (click the shop icon at top right).
They have unbeatable prices when it comes to Picasso suits. Barring some insane closeout sale, you won't find any prices in the US for even close!

I have picasso suits and love them. Just my own personal opinion & I'm sure others have good experience with other manufacturers, but the Picasso fits well for me. The yamamoto(open cell) rubber is the real difference-maker in different suits. I'll NEVER go back to regular neoprene... :naughty

I've got a commercial termic on the way. It should be here within a month. I'll be sure to post my comments/reviews as soon as I can saw through the 18 inches of ice :duh and get it wet. Alright, maybe I'm not that ambitious, so y'all might have to wait until thaw.

Last edited:
I love my new Picasso Apnos 3 mil...it is the yamamoto neo and for the price the DB store has them you almost cant afford NOT to get one...they come in 5 mil as well

I wanna refund!

$179 on close out??!

I just picked up a 3mil BioTermic, Farmer John size 58 from the DB/Dive Inn shop and it ran me 3 bones and change! It's enough to make me wanna go dive warm water on a regular basis! :waterwork

Still, it fit's great and I like the Bio lining- it's been keeping my 7mil Commercial intact for the last three years. The bare interior of my 7mil Apnos camo :cool: is suffering some nicks that the Bio treatment seems to reduce.

A 5mil down So Cal Hapa, and you be smooth.

sven

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT