• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What are the best breathing tables to use?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ignore the above! I have never been good with technology. I know of CO2,O2,crazy and one breath recovery tables. Also, of course wet&dry and static&dynamic. However, I wonder which work best for anyone in general (type, how often, what time of day, even any diet tips to clear lungs etc). Any opinions would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Assuming you know how to set up your tables, I think it is a good idea for you to do:

• 1 o2 and 1 c02 table each week (not in the same day);
  • Co2 table target time should be 50% of your maximum breath hold time;
  • O2 table last breath hold time should be 80% of your maximum breath hold time;
  • About time of the day and diet, don't worry, just make sure that you don't do the tables right after you eat.
Common mistakes, personal tips:

• Don't overuse tables you will overtrain, many might think it will not happen but don't see for yourself. You'll end up delaying your training and losing performamce;
  • Consistency is key here;
  • Mix with some hiit running 2 to 3 times a week and you see have notable gains;
  • Tables are not meant to push limits, always target the 50 and 80%;
  • Nothing more, is that simple!
Good luck and dive safe!

just did a test run "ez version" of the 1 breath table with fixed # of contractions. the standard co2 tables are a walk in the park compared to one-breath, and one-breath takes only half as long.

Personally I like the one breath tables. Normally start with a longer breathhold in the beginning to build up a nice amount of CO2 before going to the shorter 1 min holds.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT