• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What do you carry on your float?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
water bottle, stringer, extra gun with/shaft, extra shaft for other gun, lots of ss clips, car keys,spare wishbone,spare line.

whistle is very gooooood idea,everytime i forget to get a couple before the dive:head

Water bottle, spare strings, rubber bands, wishbone, pliers, lobster bag, mobile phone (Im not leaving it on the beach alone), whistle, ciggies/lighter :head stringer and a Snickers :) but no lippy :naughty

Reactions: donmoore
only carry my tevas that i slip ove my neoprene sock so i dont tear them up, and the stringer goes around the waist and everything else is carried as well.
lance

Sandals, car keys, fish stringer, water bottle, camera, and sometimes even an extra gun.

Jon

Last edited:
nothing

by the way murat, you better hope that clip holding the car keys is very secure or else youll have more time to spearfish till a spare set arrives!:head

for a whistle I recommend the Storm (the big one on the picture): Is the louder think you will get and works great wet or even under water. Don't leave with out it!!!

"The Storm® All-Weather Safety Whistle is the loudest whistle on the market. It's unique patented design allows it to be heard under water, up to 50 feet, because the sounding chamber forces all water to be purged when the whistle is blown. Made in the USA. It's perfect for divers, lifeguards, and for recreation! Creates a clear, high frequency sound, with a power rating over 75% greater than other referee and safety whistles"

http://www.stormwhistles.com/

the picture....

Attachments

• storm.gif
    storm.gif
    12 KB · Views: 282
Originally posted by ahoyhoy239
nothing

by the way murat, you better hope that clip holding the car keys is very secure or else youll have more time to spearfish till a spare set arrives!:head

I keep them in waterproof case.:cool: Its not the safer than clip but at least they don't get wet. In here generally the sea is very calm especially in summer.

Not too much, keys in a waterproof case, camera sometimes, mesh bag for odds and ends as well as for filling it up with stones to act as an anchor if doing deeper dives is on the agenda. And twice I used the float to secure 9 kgs of anchor and chain that I keep finding every summer, without the float I wouldn't have been able to salvage the anchors.

Talking about car keys, my keys are rated to 13 meters! Once I forgot them in my bathing suit pocket and realized it after putting my wetsuit on! Since I didn't feel like going back I crossed my fingers :head :duh :hmm :naughty and kept on. I was in a quite secluded area but the chip worked and the car started...to my great relief!

Adrian

Originally posted by Adrian

Talking about car keys, my keys are rated to 13 meters! Once I forgot them in my bathing suit pocket and realized it after putting my wetsuit on! Since I didn't feel like going back I crossed my fingers :head :duh :hmm :naughty and kept on. I was in a quite secluded area but the chip worked and the car started...to my great relief!

Adrian

Hi :)
I keep my phone and stuff like that in a waterproof bag designed for small cameras, its a permenant attatchment to my buoy, be dead handy for keys with electrical bits if you forget to put them safe elsewhere
http://www.aquapac.net/

Last edited:
I like to move with my kayak, bit like a second boy... and load tones of gear! yes, plenty and plenty of fancy and expensive gear... :duh

For food everything and anything taste good, but still like the sweet condensate milk in tubes... waterproof, and are a fast energy easy to squeeze in the mouth. :p

Because the kayak stays so close to the fishing ground, my boy just carry the minimum: whistle, fish threader, and something to keep crayfish (mono holders), if needed a torch.

My car keys stays around my neck under the suit, and whatever happen to my gear, I'm able to drive back: More than one guy around here have seen the fish and his boy take over by a toothy friend... and the keys with it!

But on my kayak I keep two pairs of fins, guns, spears, VHF, filleting knife, bungees and floating lines, soap... and much more... and of course beer for after the diving. I may be able to open an on the water shop for guys that forget or loose stuff, but for sure I'm always ready for anything. And since my ray attack this weekend I will add a first aid kit.

But I don't have manage yet to have a internet connection and check the forum on site... :waterwork

This is how i secured the keys...

Last edited:
While cutting the line with knife, i accidentally cut my float:duh But luckily i only cut the outer cover, somehow blade did not damage the air bag inside... This should be my lucky day...

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT