• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What do you typically do during free diving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stargazer

Jan 5, 2021
Diving could be the ultimate escape from noise, troubles in life, give me chance to enjoy being “weightless flying” and explore fascinating underwater world. Just curious about the different reasons why you enjoy free diving. For fun, or for work? Do you usually photography creatures, spearfish/hunt...? And what’s your favorite free diving location? Thanks for sharing and maybe start some fun discussion. :LOL:

I'm usually on the hunt (spearfishing) which most times completely takes my mind off of anything else in life. It's just really engaging. Other times I'm exploring underwater features.

When I do pool practice it feels good just doing statics relaxed on the bottom of the deep end of the pool. Also enjoy slow dynamics across bottom of pool, not for distance but just time spent down there slowly cruising.

Reactions: Stargazer
I'm spearo background,so think and generally move around like a spearo, but I've pretty much lost the blood lust. Today, after dinner is in the boat, I'd rather play with'em and sight see. I also do a fair amount of freshwater, spring and cavern freediving. Some of that stuff is just spectacular.

Reactions: Leander
During spearfishing or snorkeling alone in a very remote beautiful tropical place I feel intense happiness and inner peace. Everything exist only in the moment, everything lost importance.

Its like flying in a blue dream in a different time on a distant planet. The more remote and far away from zivilisation, hotels, streets, cars and people the better.
I am addicted, for me it’s the Coral Triangle.

FUN!!!

It makes me feel like I'm in space, why travel out of the world, to experience no gravity when, you can do it right here on Earth!

Freediving means underwater diving that does not need the help of breathing equipment. Instead of using an air tank, you just hold your breath for as long as you can until you return to the surface. In freediving, you can travel as far as the air in your lungs will take you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT