• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What drugs or doping best for freediving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Creatine may help as it 'buffers lactic acid' meaning you might get less of a burn in your legs.

You could also try beetroot extract or powder, various studies have shown improved oxygen efficiency including in freedivers. Both would need to be taken chronically, as opposed to acutely.

But tbh I'd just practice more. Plus resistance training and HIIT programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandeel
Is it just me or is everyone kicking off over nothing.

He just wanted to know about drugs used. I think people were a bit rude.

He's talking about chemical enhancement of performance and breaking records in official contests by cheating, and you think we're rude?

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

He's talking about chemical enhancement of performance and breaking records in official contests by cheating, and you think we're rude?

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Did he mention cheating? As far as I know performance enhancing drugs are used in every sport. He says what's banned by Aida.

He just wanted advice on which ones to take. That's all.

Should freedivers not take stuff? Just buy some new yoga pants. That'll do.

Did he mention cheating? As far as I know performance enhancing drugs are used in every sport. He says what's banned by Aida.

He just wanted advice on which ones to take. That's all.

Should freedivers not take stuff? Just buy some new yoga pants. That'll do.

Did you read post no. 1?

Just curious what performance enhancing drugs would be best for freediving. I curently am an level 2 freediver and my PB is 55 meters. I am very close to Swedish record and i want to break this record this year.

Bl.a., bl.a., bl.a...... and i am willing to try this soon. no food for a few days before a dive. or fasting with valium, epo and blood doping ect might give me a record.

Yes, performance enhancing drugs are used in every sport and it is banned for a reason... because it is cheating.

I don't say this because I care about you, for all I care you can take what you want and do what you want.

But to cheat in competition is to piss on everybody that does not cheat and I'm pretty confident in saying that pretty much everyone in this forum would agree with that.

I hope this is a joke. Experimentation moves our sport forward but all the performance enhancing drugs and ideas you are floating have been accomplished with relative ease for years by real freedivers through some basic training.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes I read post.

You're confusing performance enhancing drugs with banned substances.

You're both right, he wasn't seeking how to cheat per se, but his intention is morally bankrupt regardless if its legality in the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like he just wants advice.

If you don't agree with chemical enhancement, such as creatine, iron supplements, vitamins, then you can advice him on other stuff.

Like training schedules, or which yoga mat to meditate on.

sounds like he just wants advice.

If you don't agree with chemical enhancement, such as creatine, iron supplements, vitamins, then you can advice him on other stuff.

Well, now it wasn't vitamins, iron, etc that was asked for. Put the below in context with that he tried all kinds of opiates, steroids, etc and maybe things will clear up a bit. Vitamin advice... Yup. Lol.

Anyone experience with epo, blood doping or other drugs that might help?

Reactions: Pinniped72
They won't show up in urine tests I think. And I think Aida doesn't do blood tests. Maybe bit expensive. So if he blood dopes, gets record, does urine test and passes the record stands. Innocent un till proven guilty.

..once i had a beer in the boat and later shot the worldrecord clownfish.
will the iusa strip off my record if they find out ?

Reactions: Sandeel
....but serious, you could try spending two month exessive freedive-training in heights over 3000 meter....
and then attempt on the record. works for a lot of cyclists and runners....

Reactions: Davos
Back in college me and a buddy were stoned on weed and decided to cool off in the pool. We had a breath hold contest and what I remember is that it was very pleasant and I couldn't believe how long I could stayed down. We kept doing them over and over because it felt awesome. Maybe I should try weed again - with a spotter of course :)

Hahahaha :D this is really a weird thread, but let's try to transform it in a useful thread.

So first define doping and drugs. If it's illegal in WADA then it's doping. If you need a prescription then it's a drug (medicine), if you buy it in the streets then it's drug (dope). And this I strongly suggest you to avoid.
So let's stick to something you can use and buy legally. Possibly useful for others.

To keep your breath longer, you need to learn to keep you breath. So everyday do dry statics for 1 hour. Rest every 3.
Then you need your body to adapt to low oxygen, so you need:
- Iron to help build myoglobin and store oxygen,
- Proteins and amino acids to keep muscle tone,
- antioxidants to help remove free radicals after training.
- general vitamins because you are stressing your body a lot, so vitamins in general can help
- When you dive (or hold your breath) be sure you haven't eaten for at least 12-14 hours, and train your body to starve and lower metabolism.

All this can be from natural sources or bought as sport supplements. Nothing strange or illegal.

If you plan it well you will increase breath hold time.

If you don't crack (mentally or physically) because of over training you will succeed.

I don't think there are many drugs (medical or illegal) that will help you with breath holding, as these are generally meant to increase performances, not decrease them.
You also need to be very lucid when you attempt deep dives, otherwise you will never succeed.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT