• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What is the best plastic fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ben1987

Sep 22, 2015
Hi
Hoping for your help to bay new plastic fins.
Im using the Cressi Gara Professional (the old one the black blade "not the LD" ) for 2 years now and it always get me reaaally tired.
I tried the Gara 3000 LD from my friend 2 times i love it, it was great i can dive for more time but in strong current i was like fining in my place many time not like the gara professional.
so i heard that Gara 3000 LD are the best and what about the Omer Stingray, Sporasub Spitfire Mares Razor pro and other Beuchat fins ..................
i would like to hear your opinion and some Classification for the plastic fins that you have tried.

Hi
Hoping for your help to bay new plastic fins.
Im using the Cressi Gara Professional (the old one the black blade "not the LD" ) for 2 years now and it always get me reaaally tired.
I tried the Gara 3000 LD from my friend 2 times i love it, it was great i can dive for more time but in strong current i was like fining in my place many time not like the gara professional.
so i heard that Gara 3000 LD are the best and what about the Omer Stingray, Sporasub Spitfire Mares Razor pro and other Beuchat fins ..................
i would like to hear your opinion and some Classification for the plastic fins that you have tried.
Hard to beat the Cressis - bang for the buck.

thanx @Fondueset i think there is some exceptions. but i guess most people switche to carbon fins so no one to answer about plastic fins :p :)

I've had cressi gara's for years, when I lost an original gara 3000 a few months ago, switched to a gara 3000 LD and still really like the fin. Slightly softer but that sounds like something you want anyway. I believe they are softer than the professionals. My old cressi's traveled with me multiple times in planes, went though pool training, surf swimming, scuba diving and rock hopping and remained in 1 piece. I know someone who had them run over by a scooter and they survived. Pretty durable fins. Can't really comment on the other brands of plastic fins as haven't tried them but I know they also have their fans.

If the pockets fit your feet and the stiffness is right for you, Cressi's are right at the top for plastic fins. Of course, they do eventually die. My 2000hds died last trip, pockets dry rotted. They were only 20+ years old, had been used fairly hard, abused often, and kept in a very hot humid garage when I wasn't wearing them. I guess I got my moneys worth.

Thanks a lot for your replies. and the other downside of the gara 3000 ld is the sizing. i try the 44/45 are very loose with a 3 mm socks. and when i go to the shop to buy the 42/43 they were tight with no socks. Maybe i should buy the 44/45 with a 5 mm socks but i guess not a good idea that's way i was looking for other brands.

You might also consider these fins. They are very similar to the Cressi 3000 LD fins, however the price is probably much less than what you find in a dive shop - because we sell direct. These fins are made for MAKO and sold by MAKO direct to the consumer.

http://www.makospearguns.com/Freedive-Hunter-Freediving-Fins-p/mfhff.htm

MFHFF-2T.jpg

If you would prefer a footpocket that allows upgrading of the fin blade. then these fins may be a better choice for you:

http://www.makospearguns.com/Competition-Freediver-Fins-p/mcff.htm

MCFF-2T.jpg

We offer a pretty wide selection of blades which work with these footpockets.

Thanks a lot @mako1 for the advice. and the mako brand have no dealers here in Morocco and for the price i find the cressi for 75$ so less then the Competition Freediver Fins.

Thanks a lot for your replies. and the other downside of the gara 3000 ld is the sizing. i try the 44/45 are very loose with a 3 mm socks. and when i go to the shop to buy the 42/43 they were tight with no socks. Maybe i should buy the 44/45 with a 5 mm socks but i guess not a good idea that's way i was looking for other brands.

Could you tell me what size shoe you take please. I want a pair of these but don't know what size to order. Another thread on here says they are very narrow and you need to order a size up. I'm a size 10 shoe and they will be worn with a 5mm sock. I don't know whether to get the 44/45 or the 46/47. With the info you've given plus your shoe size I might have a better idea.

Cheers.

Could you tell me what size shoe you take please. I want a pair of these but don't know what size to order. Another thread on here says they are very narrow and you need to order a size up. I'm a size 10 shoe and they will be worn with a 5mm sock. I don't know whether to get the 44/45 or the 46/47. With the info you've given plus your shoe size I might have a better idea.

Cheers.
sorry bro i dident connect for a long time. in shoes i wear 43 so i tried the 44/45 with the 3 mm socks it was a bit loose. but i do swim with it in calm water very nice. but in the strong current next the foam i almost lost it twice and u should know the 3000 LD its a bit soft nice for long distance as the name says ;) good look :)

Reactions: Woohoo
This thread, and another similar one, were extremely helpful when deciding what size Gara 3000's to get. I would have definitely gone too small if it weren't for the info here.

Here's another snippet of info that might help someone else make the right decision. I'm a UK size 10 and I went for 46/47 which is something ridiculous like a UK 12/13. With a 5 mm sock they are a good fit but perhaps a tiny bit loose if you were swimming in more aggressive water than I do. I ended up putting a pair of sports socks over my 5mm socks which made the fit absolutely perfect. That's the best fit a person with size 10 feet will get I reckon.

JacBlue und Fondueset said it. The Cressi Gara (I've got the 3000) is almost undestroyable and has a nice performance. I used it at a rocky coast and had no problems with this fin. A good compromise for recreational freedivers who don't want to spend much money.

The C4 are a nice carbon fins (I have one "Falcon"). But more expensive and less robust...

The c4 wahoo fins have plastic blades and are very good imho. I use the plastic blades when scuba diving and swap to carbons when freediving.

The c4 wahoo fins have plastic blades and are very good imho. I use the plastic blades when scuba diving and swap to carbons when freediving.
Yes, I missed this fin :) I found the C4 Mustang wahoo priced above 200 $..The Cressi Gara costs about 80 Euros (offers range from 60 to 100).

Yes, I missed this fin :) I found the C4 Mustang wahoo priced above 200 $..The Cressi Gara costs about 80 Euros (offers range from 60 to 100).

I got mine cheap. Think I paid about $100 for my Carbon C4 fins ;) I got the Wahoos for about the price of the Garas (they were on sale)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT