• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What should be AIDA's primary aim for international competitions?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What should be AIDA's primary focus for future international competitive freediving?

• Team world championships

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Individual world championships

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Annual team world cup

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Annual individual world cup

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
to encourage the growth of the sport - at all levels - through

*welcoming participation from all freedivers, not just those on national teams or up to world record levels

*helping organise media coverage to promote awareness of the sport at these events

*keeping the rules as transparent and straight forward as possible so everyone understands and no one feels hard done by if their performance is in question

*allowing more people to come up through the ranks as judges through proper training programmes designed to result in judges who will naturally agree on decisions

Basically - a lot of what the Cyprus events have done for the last two years

my thoughts...

Sam

Sorry but I'm not that familiar with AIDA's defenitions, may them be team or individual, what's the difference between 'world championships' and 'annual world cups'?

With 'championships' I mean one event in the year that officially defines the best freediver(s) of the season. With 'world cups' I mean that combined results from several events throughout the year will officially define the best freediver(s) of the season. Do we want the football version or the Formula One version?

Maybe I should have written that in the poll...

Besides what sam said, also
Get press for freediving to bring more sponsers to the sport.
Present a united front to lobby us into the olympics.
Partner with orgs like PADI to offer freediving certs. in more places.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT