• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What speargun? C4/Teak/rabitech

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Which gun for the Philippines?

• C4 Mr Carbon 104

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Unbranded Teak Woodie 110

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Aluminium Rabitech Apex 120

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw the seatec tornado in shop and it seemed very ordinary to me compared to seatec gabiano snake. Seatec gabiano snake have all the special advantages you will ever want to have in my opinion. You may be able to find gabiano snake at dave.co.uk I like much better snake double band muzzle and circular bands than normal gabiano with katsuya muzzle.

You should have seen this divebuddy of mine:hungover, He had rashguard with a mousepad on it(that he made) and he put the wetsuit on over his rashguard and when he loaded it the wetsuit would slide on the rashguard and the but of the gun(rob allen110)would shoot out his side and rip the suitroflrofl he was all messed uprofl
For new 20mm RA rubbers, I found a mousepad is nowhere near thick enough -- the thick sole of a quality flip-flop/sandal/"thong" is a much better bet...in addition to a regular spearo suit loading pad (which should protect the neoprene). Alternatively, RA sell an inexpensive, thick foam strap-on loading pad. Once you get bruised up, things start going down hill fast, as it gets painful to hold the butt in properly -- a tough, thick loading pad solves that. The rubbers seems to be considerably easier to load now they have broken in some & I never had a problem with the 16mm RA rubbers (which I will probably return to eventually).

Last edited:
My gun of choice is the RA 100 with single 20mm rubber:)…..and YES…the rubber is tough but…..and a big BUT….it is rather a matter of technique more than anything else when it’s time to load.

I do not agree that you will end up bruised for using this setup ….maybe for the first few attempts :headbut once you get the hang of it…..it’s fairly easy to load.

I use the pad provided by RA and it’s more than enough….again, it’s a matter of practice and technique how to keep the gun from sliding while loading.:confused:

On the Riffe suits, the pad integrated in the suit is excellent:inlove……no need for anything else………..So why loose the power of the 20 mm and go for 16 or 2x16 which takes time to load in comparison to 1x20 mm.:martial

Rob allen

man dont ever try a 160cm RA and a 21mm rubber:duh , That had to be the toughest rubber I ever loaded,And it did leave a mark harofl

But I must say that I love the single 19mm that I am using on that same gun now(so glad that I cut the beast down to a 130)its a laser....

Last edited:
[FONT=So why loose the power of the 20 mm and go for 16 or 2x16 which takes time to load in comparison to 1x20 mm.:martial[/FONT]

Coz, double 16mm bands are much easier to load for longer guns and it gives much more range than single 20mm bands. And it won't take to much time to load the second band since you will not need any recovery after loading first band. And if you are not shooting in every minute you will not mind extra 10 second loading time of second band. And it will be easier for your muscles too, because of this your body will consume less oxygen at consecutive dives.

Reactions: spaghetti
My gun of choice is the RA 100 with single 20mm rubber:)…..and YES…the rubber is tough but…..and a big BUT….it is rather a matter of technique more than anything else when it’s time to load.

I do not agree that you will end up bruised for using this setup ….maybe for the first few attempts :headbut once you get the hang of it…..it’s fairly easy to load.

I use the pad provided by RA and it’s more than enough….again, it’s a matter of practice and technique how to keep the gun from sliding while loading.:confused:

On the Riffe suits, the pad integrated in the suit is excellent:inlove……no need for anything else………..So why loose the power of the 20 mm and go for 16 or 2x16 which takes time to load in comparison to 1x20 mm.:martial
Yes the RA pad looks pretty thick & should be more than adequate w/o anything else. However, I find the Elios pad is not. (Try it w/o the RA pad).

re. 16mm, I found the single RA 16mm rubber plenty powerful enough for my needs, the fish are generally under 15lb in the UK (unless your are v. lucky) and more often under 5lb. The spear invariably goes right through fish and out the other side*.

*Well, almost invariably! I should add a caveat now as, with both the 16mm & 20mm rubber configurations, I have shot a large fish in the gill cover and had the spear bounce off. However, since this has occurred with 20mm rubber as well as 16mm rubber, it doesn't make much of a case for needing 20mm rubber (needing a Mamba perhaps:D). Several more experienced spearos assured me that this will indeed happen from time to time. Pity, the last one was a monster mullet.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT