• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What speargun? C4/Teak/rabitech

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Which gun for the Philippines?

• C4 Mr Carbon 104

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Unbranded Teak Woodie 110

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Aluminium Rabitech Apex 120

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marwan said:
armando
ive heard mixed reviews on the beuchat, some people who used it say that the gun floats with the spear in it, which isnt good for balance but that was the mundial elite, not sure if the same problem exists with the marlin or not..

Marwan hey how are you doing? Well didn't this issue happen with the first Rob Allen carbon guns that they where so light that their buoyancy was affected :confused: ? I think they fixed it by adding a little lead to the front of the barrel i am not quite sure about that though.I'm pretty sure a trust worthy company like Beuchat would have had fixed that problem by now. Jim from the spearfishing store said that the gun is fantastic just like the rest of the Beuchat gear he sells.

I my self purchased one of the Beuchat Mundial Wetsuits and the Micromax Mask and the quality of the product is A+++. That said, I hope that their gun is as good as the rest of their products. * I hope *

I am also considering this gun but maybe a few years down the line. :chatup or the wife will kill me.

i know what you mean man..my wife always gives me "That Look" whenever a long package arrives in the mail :):)
im a big fan of beuchat by the way, i have one of their reversible wetsuits, its great and all...about their spearguns though, i know they sponsor perdo carbonell, so im sure they are great guns...but i found it strange that the new gus (marlin carbon elite) didnt do too well in the Hawaiian skin diver magazine , field tests..accuracy wise..

ahahah good 1, but by the time is there it's to late so you're safe! I in the other hand have to ask permission.

Hey man I have the Same Wetsuit, Beuchat Reversible 1.5mm Champion De Monde! Got it from the diveinn store these people rock. So fast on everything I tell you.

As far as does tests go there have been negative comments about them, I personally don't trust them they didn't even spell VECTA right from the RA GUNS.

But then again that could have been a publishing mistake. Unless RA had a gun with a VECTRA HANDLE! but then again Who knows, maybe they supplied them with the very LIGHT CARBON GUNS ! that you mentioned earlier.

All I know is that the gun is fairly new and it has been engineered to perform well and man it's hot lol if you ever own such a gun you probably gonna treat it like your Mr. Carbon! I personally would put them in the same cat .. *mr.carbon a tiny bit higher*

i know what you mean man..my wife always gives me "That Look" whenever a long package arrives in the mail :):)

Bloody hell guys, looks like I'm going to need to get as many guns as I can before I tie the knot... :naughty:naughty:naughty

You can also consider a Hammerhead gun? or a Beuchat Carbon Elite <--- extremely nice gun I would trade it for my RA In a MILISECOND! ^_^
What's so great about the Beuchat Carbon Elite? I just took a look at some images on line & it looked good but pretty ordinary to me. We don't hear much about Beuchat gear, although I have Beuchat fins (much cheaper than Italian alternatives) and have been very pleasantly surprised by how good they have been (pity the blades aren't clear). I believe OMD has a Beuchat speargun that he rates highly too (although I think he recently got an 80cm Omer XXV - which sounds like a great bass gun).

Alternatively, what's so bad about your RA?

What's so great about the Beuchat Carbon Elite?

Alternatively, what's so bad about your RA?

Hey Mr.X to be completely honest nothing is bad with my RA I actually installed an open muzzle with twin 16mm bands, and to think I thought of selling it. :headThe only thing i hate about my RA is the loading process. :vangry

Regarding the Beuchat Marlin Carbone Elite in my eyes it's a work of art:inlove. Just like the Mr.Carbon, this gun catches my eyes like no other, I guess it's personal preference when it comes to this. In reality what does a Mr. Carbon do that my RA can't do?

On another note, the Beuchat gun has a similar set up to that of the Omer XXV GOLD.
1- Quick Reload Module with adjustable jaws
2- Open Module
3- Close Module
PS: Now that I received a Beuchat wetsuit & mask I love this brand. I had my eyes on that gun before I purchased my gear though.

Last edited:
oh my dear Armando..you keep comparing between the mr carbon and the beuchat..of course im naturally biased to my heavy investment in the mr carbon but, in terms of euro spearguns its like this for me:

Mr Carbon

Everything Else

:):):) cheers

Reactions: spaghetti
Considering the price of it I accept that answer from you or any 1 else. o_0
But seriously you cant count a gun of that caliber out I'm speaking in general.
Your MR. CARBON is more like a trophy gun than an action gun I assume. I would baby that thing like crazy.

I think every new design will have pros and cons,,all spearguns will shoot fish, just boils down to personal preference in the end as well as trust in the gun..

Armando no, the C4 Mr.Carbon is NOT a trophy gun at all. I know many people who use it and they are active spearos catching actual fish with it. They're all enthusiasts not on how it looks, but for the way it shoots and tracks in water. None of them regrets the money they spent. Tracking this gun in water is simply fantastic.
Marwan I think you forgot that the Seatec we're talking about in this discussion is a 120 with double or triple band set. Not for bass and mullets. I'm the proud owner of a Seatec 120 which I rarely use, but those few times it was for leerfish and AJ's which I passed through or stoned with no issues on power or penetration: the gun did what it was supposed to, kill the fish. Praise Lord!
---
My handicap in these discussions is that I never tried with my hands any south african railguns (RA's and Rabi's), so I can't compare if not theoretically. You all say they're the NON PLUS ULTRA of power and of course I believe in what you say. But what prevents me from buying one is the IMPRESSION they might be a bit heavy in water. I read many reviews and they were all about "extra thick", "extra heavy", "extra strong" but this is considered a downside rather than a quality in the mediterranean mentality.
Mr. Carbon and Gabbiano are "big" guns, with an important weight and mass, but in water they feel very light and swing very smooth, just like a lightweight gun would do, and this is what makes them special.
But out of prejudice let me ask you: is it true or not that RA and Rabis are heavy and harder to swing than european guns?

Spaghetti - Now come on it's obvious that not every 1 that has a MR. CARBON uses it as a trophy gun! I was talking about myself, sorry if I didn't clear that up. I am pretty sure who ever bought the gun intended it to use it, at one point or another.

I dont know if it's true or not because I have not had an european gun my self. * I guess RA & rabis are not consider EUROPEAN because they are not made in EUROPE* But to be honest my gun is a feather underwater and I have an RA Caranx 900. Additionally, I think that my caranx lateral tracks very nice.

When you mean swing are you referring to moving the gun from a specific place and move it against the water so you can aim? Because that's normal I guess on all guns.

spago, since i tried rabitechs obviously and also tried Ihab's roba allen, i can say they are very good guns, but i dont find that they track as easy as say your average omer or cressi...thats i got them for the longer sizes 110,120 and use them with double band setup....they are heavy and stiff enough to handle it better then a carbon omer...
i didnt know the seatec 120 came with a different setup,,my 90 actually came with an extra muzzle setup for double bands,,but i dont think ill be using double bands for 90 size..i would imagine a 120 with 2 bands to be quite good too, probably it has the mass to handle the 2 bands with little recoil...what was your experience?

Armando,
the c4 i have is 104, setup with single 17.5mm bands and 6.5mm spear, so not for trophys, actually the C4 guys recommend this as the best setup for accuracy on the gun,,i dont use it a lot but dont use it for trophys...thats what the Wong is intended for :):)

What? A trophy gun? Sh*t! I'd use mine as a crowbar if I had to, it's a tool nothing more, definitely a working gun

dude you have hybrid...i have the MAGNUM hybrid..:)
im so much cooler :)

What? A trophy gun? Sh*t! I'd use mine as a crowbar if I had to, it's a tool nothing more, definitely a working gun

Sounds like a guy I know who said he just need a car to get him "from A to B"...I believe his cars were an Aston Martin and custom painted Range Roverrofl.

Thats right X :), im sure all Pastor''s crowbars and tools are red camo with "Ye draig gosh" engraved on them :)

A tool it is, admittedly a very expensive tool but it will be used daily as the go to gun during the better vis

by the way, when i said trophy gun, i dont mean it will be up on a wall as a trophy, i mean it will be used to land trophy fish..it would take a big mama of a fish over here to take 3 16mm bands and an 8mm spear..but i already have a date with my wong this year, place and time are already set...just need the fish to be there :)

Like the Japanese philosopher, would say, "the most expensive gun is the one you don't use, the cheapest one is the one you use every day". I my case, all my dive gear is really expensive even the 11 dollar knife I've bought.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT