• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What stops your static?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What is the most relevant to stopping your max static clean?

• I use time as my measure.

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I use a count of contractions.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I use the sensation of contractions.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I use other precise sensations in my body.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I use other non-precise sensations in my body.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I am not sure what I use, but so far I still pull up clean sometimes.

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
this would help to corroborate the hypothesis of the increasing blood pressure/ intracranial pressure when you talk about flashing lights at the very end of a breath hold.

any scientific data on that so far?

yours pat

p.s. be careful not to let the lights go off too often...

p.p.s. when you hit the submit buttom twice simply edit - delete.

Reactions: stevevidar
I set my time goal before I start, so my time goal stops my static.
I push 7 sec further each time and then note the results and decide if I'm willing to go any further. I have to say that I do feel
a little slow the day after a long static and my legs are usually very sore from latic acid.. I guess.

I concentrate on:

Rate of Contraction

Urge to Breathe

Time

The time is set by doubling the time I had during first contraction then going a little longer. Assuming I don't Hyper Vent prior, just my normal breathe up.

I think time is the ultimate deciding factor, but if the other things start looking serious I come up. Though I have never had lapses in time, I never seem to remember the last fifteen seconds of static.

~Picksmith

Reactions: pat fish
Sometimes I just don't want to scare my buddy too much! ;)

I had to do one of those today. The guy spotting me was getting a little ancy. Plus, he was not one of those guy's that I wanted to give me mouth to mouth if I blacked out. :D

~Picksmith

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT