• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What Training???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
Hi all,

I am a beginner spero. I can dive to 15 meter fairly easy. But i belive mt technique is not perfect. My more experianced diving buddy said he will show me the perfect technique but i have to improve my breath hold ability first.

This is my first try for freediving traning. Before i just go to sea and train there. But its not possible to do it everyday. Altough i am not able to find dive buddy every time so its bit dangerous. I decide to train everyday in home. What should i start with???? Static apnea training??? If yes what is the correct procedure for static training????

Thanks....

Click on the 'static apnea training tables' link in the downloads section.

The tables are downloadable in .exe, zip or JPEG formats.

Brian

Hey Murat.

I found three things that got me from gong down 50 ft 3 months ago to 140ft today.

1. Cardio. I was so amazed how much easier it is for me to hold my breath after running only 10-15 miels a week. Try training for a marathon. Some great training schedule at http://www.runnersworld.com/home/0,1300,1-51,00.html go under training plans. I think there's only so much you can get from breath hold practices. If you mix a good cardio work out and breath hold stuff you're granteed to shine! :)

2. Empty Lung Training.
I got this tip from my friend Jim from Fiji. He's older but have trained with the best. He said the biggest thing to training apnea is doing your training with no air in your lungs. I intergrate diffrent no air exercises. I do no air weight training at the gym, no air jogging, man that's hard!, and I do no air dolphin kick underwater while holding on to a big rock. I exhale holding on to the rock, I kick dolphin like while holding the rock out infront of me like a scooter. The rock takes me to the bottom after a while and I do a frog leap to the surface for air. I keep repeating that. That one's excellent for getting your body used to working at intense conditions without air. Also excellent for you swimming form.

When you begin a freedive try a shallow dive without air in your lungs. Each time you do it try pushing your limit for 3 seconds. After only 3 dives your mamalian reflex should be kicking in full! No more waiting half an hour for it to take effect. http://www.2james.net/ey.html is a great site that explains this a bit better. Make sure you got enough air to equalize though.

3. Packing your lungs.

There are some excellent sources on the forums that can explain packing way better then I can. I don't know if it's the right thing to do but I found packing my lungs before a dive is extremly helpful. Hell, it brought me down to 140' from 115'. http://www.ericfattah.com/equalizing.html is a great site to learn about how to pack with snorkel in your mouth.

Anyways I hope this helps. Sorry to take up much room.

Thanks Caymandiver.

I already do cardio in the gym eith the sationary bike.
But this no iar diving seems dangerous for my skill level coz if i don't calculate how much air will i need then SWB amy happens. But i can add this no air to static traning as well right?? May be i start with full air static and continue with no air walking:hmm In the see i am planing to wait at the bottom (in shallow water 6-8 meter) to both increase bottom time and lung capacity.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT