• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's the deal with the Store???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

unirdna

tropical wuss
Sep 16, 2002
As expected (as the result of the US dollar slipping in the world economy), prices on the diveinn store have been inching upwards for us folks in the States. What is unexpected is the sudden, significant price drop of the Picasso line of wetsuits. Is this an error on the part of the store, or are they trying to corner the market ;)? I ordered an equinox last week for 180 and it says its 140 now :confused:. Eeek!!

Ted
Madison, WI, USA

deep blue/dive in "great prices"

Boy like everyone else you can' beat the prices on gear but the real bummer is the OVERSEAS SHIPPING CHARGE . If one would add that charge on to the price of the item you would be paying as much as if you would of bought it at your local dive shop in america. also think of the added custom charges ?

Sometimes i think it is easier to buy locally and less of a hasle

ex. apnos mimetic 5 mill wetsuit

deepblue store $244.22 w ship

picasso america $250.00 +/- w ship. reg price

any comments:

sam:duh

Re: deep blue/dive in "great prices"

Originally posted by Garfish
Boy like everyone else you can' beat the prices on gear but the real bummer is the OVERSEAS SHIPPING CHARGE . If one would add that charge on to the price of the item you would be paying as much as if you would of bought it at your local dive shop in america. also think of the added custom charges ?

Reply:

It really varies from item to item. Take the JB Esclapez fins - $60 price + $30 transport charge = $90 total cost. The cheapest price that I was able to find in the US was about $120, and I would need to pay shipping on top of that since the shop was not in my area.

Also the DiveInn shipping charges are getting progressively lower, as you are adding more stuff.

As for the custom charges, you do not incur any if the tootal purchase cost (incl shipping) is less than $200.

I agree that shipping can get pretty expensive to the U.S. Some items can be purchased cheaper somewhere else, but in general the prices at the store are great. The problem I'm having now is that several of the items I want are in backorder and I have to order it seperately. This hikes up shipping costs even more. I wish the DB dive store had different shipping options like some other stores. I wouldn't mind waiting a week or two if it meant reducing shipping costs. If the DB store did this I think it would reduce shopping around so much. They would "rule!!" all the time for me.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT