• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's with the avatar?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

unirdna

tropical wuss
Sep 16, 2002
I've gotten many messages and comments about my new avatar (photo by Jon Zeaman ;) ). The photo was taken at Lake Wazee in Black River Falls, WI, USA. The lake is the result of an abandoned quarry, and descends to a depth of over 100 meters. Like many quarries, it was carved out in a 'step' formation, and consequently, many trees grew on these steps. When the quarry filled, the trees remained, and now there are small underwater 'forests' in a few places around the lake.

For those interested, I have attached a video file of the same spot my photo was taken. I used an Olympus C-5050 digital camera with an Olympus underwater housing. I then converted the camera's quicktime video file to .avi and then to .rm (real media) for maximum compression. You'll need realplayer to view it.

Enjoy.

Ted

http://www.geocities.com/unirdna/Wazee_Forest.rm

* It's a 5 meg file. Right click....save target as.

Last edited:
Here's a new shot of the lake that I took today.

Last edited:
How do you get your own pictures into the avator? Whenever I try it tells me I have to change the size.. :(

Thanks

Originally posted by caymandiver
How do you get your own pictures into the avator? Whenever I try it tells me I have to change the size.. :(

The maximum size for the Deeper Blue forum is 75*75 pixels, so you will have to resise your image so it is no larger than that. There is also a file size limit of 20000 bytes, but even in bmp-format, a 75*75 image shouldn't be that large. (In my opinion png is the best format for small images).

If you need to get a program for resizing your image, I can recommend the Windows port of GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/ . It's a bit lite Photoshop, but completely free of charge!

// Johnny

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT