• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's your favorite scuba logbook software?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spsc

Feb 7, 2004
What's your favorite scuba logbook software?
1. for Palm software
2. for PocketPC software
3. for Windows software

Greetings,
Frank Schipper

some examples:
SharkPoint, the scuba logbook
PDiveLog
Suunto Log
Uwatec log
Mares Log
Ruiz Log

Last edited:
I use Suunto Log. but I stopped logging dives at about 300, and that was a lonnnnng time ago.

I have used Suunto Log since it came with my Mosquito but I will try UWATEC Log since it came with my UWATEC Pro. I will have both computers with me and on to see how they differ when I dive next month. Should be interesting to see..... I think I will believe the most conservative one..... My wife will have a UWATEC Pro as well adn we can compare her numbers against mine as well.....

Amphib, why did you stop logging dives?

Bret

Amphib, why did you stop logging dives?

99.9% of my diving is done solo, so no way to prove they ever happened anyways. and I never really saw the need. I have my instructor's ticket, if a dive operator/charter still wants to see my logs there is a problem.

I log some interesting freedives with my D3 but thats mostly to remember where the fish were and help make map notes on a spearfishing area.

i still log mine.. mainly because i have done different countries. i have drawn maps of where i have been, photos etc. i love doing my log book, especially off liveboard trips.

call me a nerd...

btw check out www.d-log.com

Last edited:
Except for 1 year (1979) I have logged all of my dives since '75, in more or less detail depending on the dive. What is great is to go back see reef/wreck conditions over the years and their changes. I would have lost a lot of "history" had I never logged the dives.
No software, just the old fashion hand written log, but I am looking to change, any suggestions?

John

I use a paper log as my main log (both scuba and freedive, although I track different data for each discipline) but for my scuba log I have a little Palm program called "Dive Log" - I like it because it's small, easy to use, and FREE. It serves as a quick reference to my paper log (I make sure the dive#s match); as well, I appreciate the statistics functions (total hours underwater, average depth, average dive length, etc)

the only one i have tryied is alpha scuba log . it is good , you can log almost everything -foto -equipment used in each dive -statistics - others with you e.t.c.

My main reason to log is courses. I mean, I think you have to have something like 500 dives to enter a (PADI) cave diver program or something. After that, I don't see the point for me logging more dives.

Ayo

Sander

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT