• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

When can a diver walk on water???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I was going to say 'for the same reason a dog licks his crotch', but yours is safer.

rofl

hi

A 3mm suit in 10C water you must be nuts, Alright we are comfortable to what temp we have grown up in but maybe its because im really skinny but im sure to the average person diving in 10C water in a 3mm suit borders on insanity. After 3hours diving in the ocean at the moment 28-29C im already shivering pretty sad isnt it. One year in winter the reports were of water temp 22C, my dive buddies and I refused to go diving in such cold conditions and sat at home and did some statics instead pretty sad isnt it.

cheers

ice freediving

here's a pic from freediving.at of christian redl doing an ice dive. the Deepest Bear in the world is currently in training to join him. check it out on www.deepestbear.com

Sam

Attachments

• eis2.jpg
    eis2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 200
bbbrrrrrrrr,
you guys are mad.
even in sydney the water only 24(cold for this time of the year) and after an hour i'm cold in my 3mm suit. i definitly wouldn't fredive below 20deg, and if the surf was really good I'd go in a bit below that(maybe 18)....but not much. 5deg, forget it!!

Hey Alun, did you get burnt today. Damn sun, it was a stinker here today. I've had enough of this long summer. Too hot. I'm going to spend all w/e at the beach again.:(

Sorry to you Northeners.....i'll soak up a bit of sun for you as well. AAAhhhhh, the beach, the waves, the babes. Gotta love summer.:t

pete:D

sam we posted at the same time so i've just noticed the photo.....
AWESOME.
It's just a pity the water has to be so cold to get such a beautiful shot. That photo would almost make me consider it!!:)

An added bonus for freedivng under the ice is the fact that you hane no bubbles to interfere with your photos.
That manes the hole isn't bubbling all the time like it does with scuba divers in the water. When it gets very calm, you can take shots right through to the surface.

Jon

Last edited:
And also shots like this.

Jon

Last edited:
hi

Awsome pics guys. Sam thats very cold looking at it.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT