• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

When do i exhale while doing static apnea

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

palinurus

Jun 28, 2006
Hi guys, I'm a beginner to freediving and have just started practising the static apnea tables. My question is when, while holding my breath, do i exhale. At current it feels natural to expel about 50% straight away, and then sort of 20% at a 1:00, 20% at 1:30 and then the last bit at maybe 1:50 (personal max 2:10). I find it uncomfortable to have my chest barrelled out with air at the beginning. Thanks for any help.

Do not exhale until the end (we need that oxygene, right?). If you feel very uncomfortable, you can inhale to cca 80-90% until you get used to it.

I don't exhale at all until the end. As Alexx says, you don't have to take a full breath at the beginning if it is too much.

How do you keep the air in? WIth the mouth, or with the epiglottis (or how it is written), or wit hthe tongue? Do you use mask or noseclip?

I think you have to find your best method to keep the air from escaping, and after some statics, you will be comfortable with holding the full lung of air, you use to it, I think. And also, I suggest, because it is better to have more air in the lungs, then fewer. Actually, the best is to pack some more, but until you reach a certain level, it is not needed.

dont exhale till the end. Part of the urge to breath out is getting rid of CO2, but a big part of it is just not being comfortable with full lungs, which you really need to get used to. Like some people said, it may be easier to take slightly smaller breaths at first, but i personally would do full breaths and do it till i became more comfortable with it. I use epiglotis to keep the air in, i think that is the method that takes less effort overall.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT