• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

When does the season end? (UK)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
How late in the year do you spear bass, mullet, pollack, etc.? I've been in as early as March and had a few fish, but never tried any later than late October. Is there much point in going in during the colder months (November - February) or is it best to pack up the kit and dream the time away until March?

Ha! It's quite funny going back now and reading my original post. Since I wrote that I've been diving probably more often than I would in the summer months. This winter has been unusually mild and the water temperature still hasn't dropped below 11.5 degrees. The silver fish are still around and the vis in the sheltered spots has been pretty good on the whole. I wonder how long the temperature will hold up and the fish stick around?...

Alright Gents,

It's been really mild but sadly i'm based outside of Reading now and not living in Weymouth so haven't been able to make the most of it. Thankfully the folks are still based there and are more than happy for me to show up regularly and get in the water.

I remember discovering this forum a few years back but have no rediscovered it and have been reading everything i can as it makes me feel that bit closer to getting in the water.

One thing that is new to me (having been spear fishing for about 10 years, though not as much as i when i was local) is all this talk of night spearfishing. It's definately got my interest and so i've just got a Xtar D02 200m Diving Torch Cree R4 LED + AAA batteries + carry case | eBay

It's 250lumens and seemed like a very good price. My intention is to get in the water and see what it's like and then if i'm impressed get the 800 lumen torch that i've seen talked about on the forum already. This way i'll have a back up and can get my mate along who i like to spear with when he's not busy being dad.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT