• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

where can i find omer ice fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pyromallat

May 2, 2016
I am looking for a set of new fins and i want plastic fins since they are more durable then carbon cz i dive of rocks... so i rly liked the omer ice transparent fins.. anyone still sells those? Or any other transparent fins brands recommended ?

Hey Bro
If you've tried your nearest dive store/s and they don't have any in stock and they can't order any in, then it might be time to order online.
If you really want a transparent plastic fin, there are only a few options that I know off the top of my head

Omer ice
Leader fins are pretty decent fins with a lower price tag (especially on the carbon but I know you're not interested in those! ;) )
Apnea - freediving fins clear
As I haven't used many of these fins, I can't pass judgment, I googled clear plastic free diving fins :D

There would be a lot more choice if you didn't want clear ones ;)

Cheers
Rock Shooter:)

Reactions: pyromallat
Hey Bro
If you've tried your nearest dive store/s and they don't have any in stock and they can't order any in, then it might be time to order online.
If you really want a transparent plastic fin, there are only a few options that I know off the top of my head

Omer ice
Leader fins are pretty decent fins with a lower price tag (especially on the carbon but I know you're not interested in those! ;) )
Apnea - freediving fins clear
As I haven't used many of these fins, I can't pass judgment, I googled clear plastic free diving fins :D

There would be a lot more choice if you didn't want clear ones ;)

Cheers
Rock Shooter:)
Thank you rock shooter for the info... i didnt know there were other than omer making clear fins... what i liked about them is that they can be used anywhere so the camouflage of them is the actual place where im spearfishing ... i once saw on instagram that there's someone making composite clear fins but i couldnt remember which account it was on.... i guess ill have to check with the local stores... although here in lebanon the store over price everything... like i know there is the store profit but a 130$ online gun sold for 320$ is just plain rip off
Cheers
Pyro

Too easy man! What kind of terrain/visibility/conditions are you diving in and how do you prefer to dive? Do you like to just chill on the bottom and wait for the fish to come to you are do you prefer to slowly stalk fish?

although here in lebanon the store over price everything... like i know there is the store profit but a 130$ online gun sold for 320$ is just plain rip off
Cheers
Pyro
Bummer about that mate... These days it's becoming harder to support local businesses and get the gear you want for a reasonable price (n)

Just have a look around for some fins, maybe ask your dive shop if they have anyone looking for a buddy or always be keen for a dive, this will allow you to maybe try someone else fins on or see them in action (see if an opaque fin really makes that much of a difference). ;)

Keep us updated :D

Rock Shooter

Too easy man! What kind of terrain/visibility/conditions are you diving in and how do you prefer to dive? Do you like to just chill on the bottom and wait for the fish to come to you are do you prefer to slowly stalk fish?

Bummer about that mate... These days it's becoming harder to support local businesses and get the gear you want for a reasonable price (n)

Just have a look around for some fins, maybe ask your dive shop if they have anyone looking for a buddy or always be keen for a dive, this will allow you to maybe try someone else fins on or see them in action (see if an opaque fin really makes that much of a difference). ;)

Keep us updated :D

Rock Shooter
i dive on rock that are brownish in color and i do both... i stalk fish for species like groupers and chill for amberjacks and sometimes sargo but i did like the leaderfins they seem really well priced and high quality and visibilty here range from 3 meters to 10 meters and sometimes but rarely crystal clear

3-10 m better visibility than me ;)
I'm no expert but leader fins seem like pretty good bang for your buck (y)

I would recommend a brown camo fin, for the sake of breaking up your figure during aspetto. But then again, I don't follow my own advice :rolleyes:

A good pair of fins will last you a long time, and most of the time you get what you pay for. Then again, fibreglass and carbon can easily(relatively) be broken on rocks, so be careful with 'em!

How much are you thinking about paying for new fins?

Thanks,
Rock Shooter:wacky:

image.jpg

This is the kind of colour I thought might suit your needs

3-10 m better visibility than me ;)
I'm no expert but leader fins seem like pretty good bang for your buck (y)

I would recommend a brown camo fin, for the sake of breaking up your figure during aspetto. But then again, I don't follow my own advice :rolleyes:

A good pair of fins will last you a long time, and most of the time you get what you pay for. Then again, fibreglass and carbon can easily(relatively) be broken on rocks, so be careful with 'em!

How much are you thinking about paying for new fins?

Thanks,
Rock Shooter:wacky:
Thanks for for the advice rock shooter... i was looking for paying about 250$

Thanks for for the advice rock shooter... i was looking for paying about 250$
Firstly, any time, it's my pleasure, but please take my advice carefully as I am in no way an expert :D

For 250 you can definitely get a damn decent pair of plastic fins (y), but by the sound of it; maybe not at your local store ;), for that cash maybe you could get some snorkelling fins :ROFLMAO:

Rock Shooter

I hope someone with a little more experience might chime in and add their favourite fins (preferably plastic) as I haven't tried that many (y)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT