• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where can I get one of these buoys?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Scuby

Sep 24, 2003
Last time we were in Cyprus we saw a couple of spearos using an inflatable bouy, kinda like a very small dinghy, which had their guns strapped underneath and had a zip up(?) storage space on top. Any idea where I can get something like this or similar? It's the dry storage area I'm after.

Thanx :)

Check the O'mer website and call Mark at Technosport- there are two models. Also Sevylor makes a vinyl model.

Hi,

I have been using OMER Atoll and it is incredibly efficient. I carry my pneumatic speargun, footwear, a bottle of Powerade, extra weight, etc. with it and it slows me down on the surface only when there is 4-6 wind. It has a dry capsule where you can put some stuff. You can also use it as buoy for grouper hunt.

Indika

I'm using an inflatable Omer at the mo, I like it alot but one drawbak is if you try and push the inflator flush with the bouy (as is suposed to be) it wont stay in and deflates. Not really a problem though, just dont push it in and close the outer bag over it.
Can be had in the uk from http://www.apnea.co.uk/

Hi scuby!

A friend of mine makes buoys from the buoys that the lifegaurds in baywatch use! its much better than the inflatables!

its easy to make!!!

I have one and I also have an inflatable, but I prefer the baywatch!

I saw an inflatable being used the other day.

I went out with a mate in quite rough (but very clear) seas around here and we lost each other pretty quickly - my float is about 50cm long and made of wall-insulating foam painted bright pink.

However, someone had a massively tall inflatable float - bright orange - I guess it was about at least a metre tall and seemed to stand up in the water - anyway I could see it really really easily about 400m away.

Might get me one for these winter days when the surface visibility goes down.

Ed

Originally posted by Alison
I'm using an inflatable Omer at the mo, I like it alot but one drawbak is if you try and push the inflator flush with the bouy (as is suposed to be) it wont stay in and deflates. Not really a problem though, just dont push it in and close the outer bag over it.
Can be had in the uk from http://www.apnea.co.uk/

I had the same problem with the OMER Atoll, you need to modify the valves with knife, i posted instructions how to do it before. Search the forum and look what you gonna find.;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT