• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where I can find Sporasub H Dessaults footpockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lambis

You take my breath away!
Sep 16, 2003
Where I can find original Sporasub H Dessaults footpockets (44-46)
for my new Waterway Powerblades?
I have read that the ones that Scubastore have are not the original.

Thanks

I got mine from Scubastore about 5 months ago and they are clearly what they are advertised as. I am very happy with them. Could be there has been some change in the pockets by Sporasub, but I don't think Scubastore is involved.

Connor

Thanks Connor

I have ask becauce I have read follow customer review at Scubastore:

...The footpockets seem to be of a lesser quality than the ones sold directly by sporasub. There is a huge difference. The footpocket is more flexible and bends too easily compared to the ones sold directly by sporasub and therefore has a bad power transfer compared to the original. ......

Lambis

Specialfins

Specialfins have them listed on their site: (I assume they are the H.Dessault ones, are there any others?)

Here

I don't beleive they keep them in stock though, so it might take some time getting them, but on the other hand, that would insure that you got the current version.

// Johnny

I have seen several people’s Sporasub pockets and have listen to them try and sort out if they have the new ones or the old ones and why. I wonder when that Dive Inn customer reviewed the foot pockets? For me, if Connor says he got his 5 months ago and they are good, I would try the db store (DiveInn). You can’t beat the price. I have also found that they respond promptly to my e-mails so you might want to e-mail them about the pockets before your purchase.

The way I have heard you tell the difference is hold a fin up by the heel. If the pocket bends it’s the old ones. If it’s stiff enough to resist bending it’s the new ones.

Another option is contact Adrian. He only lives 30 miles from their factory. Maybe he will be in their area and would stop by and check the pockets out for you.
don

Johny

Specialfins have not them anymore. I have writen to Yuri and they say that the use only Omer now. :-(

I will go with Diveinn. The Price is great
I was thinking.. If I pay some euros more I could pursale the
SPORASUB, H.DESSAULT Fins Use the Footpockets and give the Blades to my Wife (She have SPORASUB, H.DESSAULT Fins)

Is it easy to take off the footpockets from the SPORASUB, H.DESSAULT Fins??

But maybe I pay some euros more and pursale

This is getting interesting.

I checked my spora pockets by the heel test and found them to be very soft in the very back of the heel, otherwise the pocket is quite stiff. I don't quite see why the heel test tells you anything, unless much of the pocket is soft, like my cressis.

DB store??? I thought it was called scubastore, DB is who I used. What is diveinn??

Moionsync: Ease of changing blades. My specialfins were a little difficult to get into the pockets, but if the blades are already in, it should be no problem. Also, if the waterways blades are notnotched for sporas, you will need to slightly modify the pockets. Unirdna did a thread with pictures on how to do it.

Connor

Last edited:
Thanks Connor

Waterway blades are design with Sporasub footpockets in mind
so I think it will be easy.

Lambis

Connor,
I think its all the same store. If you do www.diveinn.com it takes you to www.scubastore.com. The store is available with the same prices from Deeper Blue, but DB gets a little percent of the sale to help keep this site going. DiveInn/Scubastore seem to have this deal with a few other entities too.

That’s interesting about your pockets and the heel test. Wish we could get the low down on differences in spora pockets. I believe the test is if the pocket bends in the arch area if you hold it up by the heel, rather than how hard the back of heel is its self. What happens when you hold the whole fin up by the heel?
don

Hi Don,

If you hold the sporas by the back of the heel, it is quite soft and bends underneath the foot for a little less than an inch forward, the soft part extends about a total of 1.3 inches forward from the bottom of the heel. The rest of the underneath part of the pocket is rock solid. By comparison, the cressi's bend when held for about 2 inches forward of the bottom of the heel and the bottom of the pocket is fairly soft for 4 or 5 inches forward. The top of the pockets are also different, each has a band of stiff material in the center, with softer material near the toes and ankles, but the stiff band is about 50 percent wider on the sporas. In the water, it feels like better power transfer across the top of the foot. I can't really feel much difference underneath the foot.
Overall, a much stiffer pocket on the sporas, enough so I was a little worried about wearing the sporas barefoot for long periods. However, pool workouts are building caluses in the right places, I think summer is going to be fine. Now will the wind please die! NOW.

Connor

:confused:
Seems like there should be a Sporasub rep around here somewhere to give a definitive answer. Kind of like Mark Lacobbetta for Omer. I know Sporasub sponsers divers here in the U.S. (and Europe) so they shouldn't just be a distant factory in France. Adrian driving by the factory is a fine idea though. :)

H. Dessault wearer in So Cal.

Last edited:
My Spora pockets are a couple years old. The stiffness proportions are exactly as Conner described his. Soft heal, but the rest of the pocket is fairly rigid. So you can see that the heal pushes in on the palm of my hand, yet the fin does not collapse because the rest of the pocket if fairly stiff. Garas will collapse because much of the rest of the pocket is as soft as the heal. I sold my gara 2000's months ago, so I can't offer you a photo; you'll have to take my word for it. Old Omer footpockets are the stiffest I've ever used. They killed my feet, and I promptly sold them to Pezman (who must be part pachyderm). The new Omer pockets (sold by Specialfins and Mark L) are softer - yet still a bit stiffer than my sporas. They are a damn good footpockts, and have become Jon's favorites. I still like sporas better, but now were just getting into personal preference. Those two pockets are the best on the market, IMO. You'll never really know which one is better for your foot without trying both of em. Nevertheless, either should work ok, as they are both top notch.

To some degree, the heal on my dessaults is even softer now than when they were new. This, I presume, is just the stretching out of the rubber (fins on and off). I also bought my footpockets from the DB store.

Ted

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT