• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to buy 120 in Europe?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ClearShot

Nov 1, 2010
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to spearfishing, and looking to get myself some adequate equipment for an upcoming trip.
I'm from New Zealand, but hanging out in Holland at the moment.
I'm will be doing a few months surfing/diving/spearfishing in Indonesia on my way home soon, so I need a large-ish gun....
I've been advised to look for a 120, as it will be basically adequate for high vis spearing in Indo, but will also be ideal for the conditions and fish back home in NZ.
(The exact recommendation was 120 rail gun, 20mm bands or 2 x 16mm, 7mm or bigger shaft)

Problem is, I can't find any bigger guns in Europe!
I'm hoping to keep the price around 150 euros, which I hope will net me an entry level gun that is still respectable.....

Anyone know where I can find such a gun in Europe? Not many second hand guns being sold either.
Any other advise or tips are welcomed :)
Thanks all for your help, and I'm really looking forward to targeting some decent size fish!

Kit

usually guns over 110 aren't used that much in european waters

and for that price I guess you'll have to look for an Omer Cayman 130cm gun

Cheers for the quick reply.
Where would I find that gun for sale, and are they fairly decent? I know my price range is pretty low so i'm not expecting too much.

The water back home where I will use it is pretty clear, and the kingfish are everywhere, so I really do need something round that size.

Maybe I could buy one in Asia? I'm passing through Kuala Lumpur for a day, then on to Bali.
Are prices and availability any good round there?

no idea on asian availability or prices, but I suggest you search for the Omer distributer to Holland, I got mine from Italy

The 150 Euro is a problem, as they don't make many entry level guns in size 120. The few types available in 120 are in the intermediate/expensive price range.
The Cressi Geronimo Elite 115 (180 euro's) is the (relatively) cheapest option. I haven't tried it, but I've heard only good things about the Gerry Elite.

I have a Seatec Gabbiano 120 (which I rarely use, as it is indeed a big gun for the upper Mediterranean Sea), that came with a single set of 20mm twin bands. The same brand also makes the Seatec Snake 120 (priced around 200 Euros), same gun but with an open muzzle for 2x16mm loop bands. There is also a new model, called the Seatec Geko: 7 mm shaft, double bands, and a massive barrell for more stability on powerful shots.
You can find them here: www.acquasport.com
http://www.acquasport.com/scheda.php?idprod=644
http://www.acquasport.com/scheda.php?idprod=918

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Thanks a bunch for the replies, really appreciated!
Freedivers gear is really popular in NZ, so i'm now tracking down prices for a 120 of those.
If no luck with that then i'll definitely get that Omer Cayman, thats a cheap price..... Sounds like it works too.
But gotta decide whether to go for the 110 or 130....
I've never shot a big gun, just being using a tiny little JBL minicarbine and not hitting much....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT