• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to buy parts in europe

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fishstab

Jun 16, 2020
Looking at building a wooden euro gun and just starting to look at where I can source trigger mechs, handles etc. It seems if your in the states you have endless choice, I’m in the UK which has nothing but buying from Europe is still reasonable. The only site I’ve found is Spearoworld.com who are based in Denmark, to be fair they carry pretty much everything I’ll need but just want to check if there are any other suppliers I should be looking at?

MVD sells its trigger mechs at their own website, mvd-retail.gr.

MVD sells its trigger mechs at their own website, mvd-retail.gr.
cool thanks for the reply and yeah seen they do a Handle and a trigger mechanism. Ideally I’m looking to emulate a Riffe euro gun so sometching like the AR15 style handle from neptonics would be ideal but seems difficult to get hold of in Europe

Reactions: Diving Gecko
For trigger check ermessea. He is from Italy and he builds great trigger mechanisms, maybe the best you can buy! They have rollers in the mechanism to reduce friction and have amazing feel even when heavily loaded. I use them on my builds and they are fantastic!

For trigger check ermessea. He is from Italy and he builds great trigger mechanisms, maybe the best you can buy! They have rollers in the mechanism to reduce friction and have amazing feel even when heavily loaded. I use them on my builds and they are fantastic!

I bought a few of these trigger mechanisms; they are top notch!

Ermes-sub double roller trigger. I have one with wings that I’ll put in a gun some day and one that was a swap for the original in the Pathos and it’s such a super, super light pull even with two hot bands. (It can take much more).

I haven’t built a wood gun but I’ve read a fair bit of DIYers saying a trigger with wings is easier to align as you can shim it to get it aligned with the track.
Harder to get a pinned trigger perfectly located.

An alternative though unproven is the winged Salvimar Trigger that they are now selling as a standalone part - you can find the name in their latest catalogue and then find it on diveinn. It’s likely a whole lot cheaper than the Ermes DR. It will “only” have one roller but a Salvi rep told me it’s the same geometry (just with wings) as the trigger in the new Hero gun and supposedly that trigger is really nice. The generation before (the Metal gun) had a trigger that was crazy hard to pull hence why I reached out to Salvi to clarify which one was the basis for their winged trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
cool thanks for the reply and yeah seen they do a Handle and a trigger mechanism. Ideally I’m looking to emulate a Riffe euro gun so sometching like the AR15 style handle from neptonics would be ideal but seems difficult to get hold of in Europe

I still think you should do better than emulating. E.g. Riffes aren’t particularly optimized in terms of having the handle high or maximizing band stretch. You can eek a bit more out of it for sure. But AR15 might hamper that, though I’m not sure. Maybe just think of it as an optimized Riffe tribute;-)

I still think you should do better than emulating. E.g. Riffes aren’t particularly optimized in terms of having the handle high or maximizing band stretch. You can eek a bit more out of it for sure. But AR15 might hamper that, though I’m not sure. Maybe just think of it as an optimized Riffe tribute;-)

Sure, I’ve gone for a reverse mech so that’ll give me a bit better band stretch optimisation, although in real terms it will just give me a 90 in a slightly smaller form factor (which will be ideal for UK waters).

the reverse mech I’m using doesn’t need a huge amount of stock height so hopefully I can keep the gun low profile which will effectively bring the handle higher I suppose.

The reason I’m basing on a riffe euro is that I love the square stock with the radiused edges.. just looks so simple and clean

Trigger mechs try Dalla Columbina .Also Planet sub both stores located in italy .Their are more stores ,. The american market is to hot to touch ! to much tax

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT