• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to dive... in September?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Where's the best place to dive in September?

Things I am looking for...

- good viz
- warm water (which means above 25degC) :)
- plenty of fish
- sharks
- coral
- decent beaches

Places I don't want to go to
(because either we/I/him-in-doors have been and we want to go somewhere new..)

- Maldives
- Seychelles
- Australia
- Spain
- South Pacific
- Cayman Islands
- East Africa
- Philippines
- North Africa
- Egypt
- Jordan
- South Africa

Things we don't want:

- a place flooded with tourists who seek out the nearest pub or fish and chip shop
- a place where the majority of tourists (men) wear lots of gold necklaces and wear budgie smugglers
- a place where you cant shore dive
- a place where women don't have the freedom to wear what they wish.... (have enough of that here :) )

Any suggestions? Has anyone dived somewhere during this time of year and had some awesome diving?

Reactions: apneaboy
I can just imagine the look of despair on a trwavel agents face when you walk in and say that rofl

Pontins in Prestatyn is nice in September. You don't notice the budgie smugglers 'cos the blokes bellies are that fat they cover them up. They do then look naked, add it to your list if thats a problem.

I can just imagine the look of despair on a trwavel agents face when you walk in and say that rofl

Pontins in Prestatyn is nice in September. You don't notice the budgie smugglers 'cos the blokes bellies are that fat they cover them up. They do then look naked, add it to your list if thats a problem.

Pontins?? Isnt that like Butlins rofl

No thanks.... and seeing a naked bloke on 'oliday other than my own lovely bloke is definitely not on the list!!

Unless George Clooney walks by...

I'd bet you'd love to Prestatyn, hubby would like it, he could get to Bangor in 15 minutes through the tunnel there at erm Conway I think.

Pastor will be upset you turned down Wales so fast ;)

Not sure if you mean scuba or free , but one place that springs to mind is Indonesia . It would fit all your criteria , especially Bali , world-class diving , year-round warm water , great food , the most friendly people on earth , shore diving , beaches with out end and places to avoid the tourists .
If you're leaning more to just diving then Sulawesi is fantastic , Gangga Island was one of my favourite dive holidays ever .
Or if money is no object , a livaboard to Komodo Island is a trip to die for , or at least go bankrupt for , ( unless the dragons get you , then it would be to die for ) .

Regards ,
Dave .

I'd go Eastern Sicily between Taormina, Siracusa and Noto. That is a great trip to combine clear water diving, the very particular sicilian food and impressive sight seeing both natural and artistic.
No sharks though...

No thanks.... and seeing a naked bloke on 'oliday other than my own lovely bloke is definitely not on the list!!

Unless Pastor walks by...
Hey and I'd have been up for a run through if you went to Prestatyn rofl
Who the hell is George Clooney?

Reactions: Broseidon
Things I am looking for...

- good viz
- warm water (which means above 25degC) :)
- plenty of fish
- sharks
- coral
- decent beaches

Can you see SHEEP on the list, thought not!roflrofl
Get on down to Cornwall me dear where the pasties are meaty and the cider cold. If yer really lucky I might even trot on down and permit you to buy me a pies and beer.:):):):)

You should seriously consider Porth Emmet in Cornwall, by some freak of nature and the gulf stream, the water is always warm and the sealife is phenomenal, check out: www.porthemmet.com

A lot of divers rate it as of the top 5 spots in the world.

Reactions: apneaboy
Right well I had a day off and decided to go down to Porthemmet for the day, can't seem to find the place?

Any directions lads?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lads? Lads?

Hello, heelllooooo?

Goddam it!
Posted via Mobile Device somewhere in Cornwall

Last edited:
Ynys Mon, here I come.... for a month..... yahoooo.

Holiday tick list:

Velcro gloves. Check
Oversize wellies to get sheeps legs in. Check
Crash helmet for night out in Holyhead. Check
Knotted hanky. Check
Annoying loud Manc accent to annoy the locals. Check

Here I come Pastor. Rofl
Posted via Mobile Device

Ynys Mon, here I come.... for a month..... yahoooo.

Holiday tick list:

Velcro gloves. Check
Oversize wellies to get sheeps legs in. Check
Crash helmet for night out in Holyhead. Check
Knotted hanky. Check
Annoying loud Manc accent to annoy the locals. Check

Here I come Pastor. Rofl
Posted via Mobile Device

Don’t forget a nice shiny new pack of crayons roflroflrofl

Don’t forget a nice shiny new pack of crayons roflroflrofl

Ill be on the half past two South Park bus, they will make the hours fly by, good thinking Podge.

Ill do something creative with them, half a day with a bunch of country bumpkins has made me feel all cultured and intelligent all of a sudden rofl

Ger off mii laaaaarnd!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmm, well, back to the original subject.

Most of the Caribbean is still in hurricane season, but you might think about Dominica, fabulous land side scenery, great diving (goggle Scots Head), mostly shore diving, deep drop offs, great rain forests, water falls, mountains. nice place, lots of unspoiled areas. A little hard to get to, but worth it. It is far enough east to be out of the storm zone after about Sept 15. Cheap or expensive is equally possible.

I wish I had a list of 'been there's" as long and nice as yours.

Connor

Bit cheeky stealing our thread Cdavis but i'll let you off ;)

I've heard a lot of dodgy things about Dominica from food poisoning to hassle outside the hotel complex.

Thanks apneaboy, I appreciate that.

'm not surprised. I've tried to get a trip together to check it out for a couple of years, but could not pull it off, contacting people in the smaller businesses is tough, among other problems. The logistics are difficult, the place is pretty primitive in large part, decidedly third world and I would not expect the locals who deal a lot with large resort customers to be very friendly, but the diving is reputed to be world class. Its the kind of place you could go and have a cutting edge, fabulous experience or have a total disaster. No small gamble, but I'd love to try it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT