• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where's the cheapest place to get some surgical tubing?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fuzz

Hawaiian transplant...
Sep 9, 2002
I'd like to save some $$ & buy a bulk spool or two. Can anybody direct me to a suitable vendor/wholesaler?

I've searched through many links in google, but gave up :(

I meant speargun bands, but always looking for good deals on bungies if you know of some ;)

hi,

whenever I was In San Diego I bought a few yards
at a medical supply house -
try those in the bay area.

I would not buy too much at once, though

- unless you plan on passing it on to
friends -
as you know, the stuff ages.

good luck!

...peter, www.juprowa.com/kittel

Try any Riffe dealer, they should have it cause Riffe do sell in bulk. I think buying bulk is not good cause it will be oxidized in storage. Use zip lock bag and keep it on the fridge, not the freezer. Buy what u need and let the dealer worry abou fresh stock turn around. The rubber life will depend on ur gun muzzle design and wishbone type.

Always buy quality rubber, not only they live longer, they offer more power. I heard Mean Green from BlueWater Hunter Hawaii is good, Internet Custom Speargun sell them too.

Sorry I do not know bungie for floatline application.

sterling at hana pa'a has got more than you can shake a stick at. ;) good prices too. have him send you a catalog and tell him i sent ya. :D

good luck,
anderson

Well, I used to live down the street from hanapaa.

Trying to find some cheaper prices ;) Used to go on to the military base and buy a bunch from the dive section - almost half the price of anywhere else on the island. :D

Alas, I am now in nor. cal. & no cheap rubbers around :naughty no, not that kind of rubbers.

Where in No Cal are you Fuzz?

And Anderson's right, well this time anyways:D , Hanapa'a has the stuff. And if you tell Sterling that Andy sent you, tell him to speel his name right!

If you have an aversion to mailorder, Steve at Stan's in San Jose is set up, tell him sI sent you and duck. There's nobody up here in Sonoma County that has bulk stuff worth a look at.

sven

Yeah, that's what I figured:duh

Steve's got all that stuff and it might be 1-2 centavos more, but hell, let him stock the stuff....

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT