• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which agency should I choose to become a certified freediver?(goal to instructor)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jun 5, 2017
Hello!

I live in Sweden and I have some plans to go somewhere in Europe this summer to take my first step to become a freediver instructor. I was planing to go to the UK and join FreediveUK and do AIDA 1&2 Star. I know AIDA is the ''best'', but I would love to hear if I should choose something else.
Im a PADI rescue diver, and planning to become a PADI open water instructor. Would love to work with both scuba and freediving in the future. Should I than choose to go PADI freediving, or SSI, CMAS or something else? :)

Reactions: Aksulle
Välkommen till forumet Kevin! Kan inte svara på just detta, men säkert kommer ngn annan med det du behöver!

:)

PADI has recently structured a free diving program which covers teaching as well.

You could carry on your PADI education by completing the Divemaster program following by Assistant Instructor (Scuba)... then proceed to do the Padi training for free diving.

I recently did the PADI freediver course and found it to be good.

So @Kevin Rudfeldt everyone will have a different opinion on this, however my advice is simple - most agencies teach similar stuff (don't beat me too hard guys/gals) so by far the most important thing is to know your instructor and make sure you are a fit with their style and you work well with them. There are lots of excellent instructors in all the agencies.

Take a look at our Beginners Guide to Freediving chapter taking a course: https://www.deeperblue.com/need-freediving-course-offers-courses/

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT