• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

which foot pockets for C4 ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

£íáµ

Liquid
Sep 15, 2003
Hi ppl.

i need help :waterwork
can anyone say me about a difernces between Omer , Picasso and Spora foot pockets :confused: ? I never tested them and i dont know which foot pockets will fits good to my feet. My first fins were Gara 2000 LD, now i have Gara 3000. their foot pockets fit very good on my feet.I already tested C4 40 with C4 foot pockets from my friend. After testing them i told me that i ll never put them on ( c4`s foot pockets. ) the blades are very good. but i dont like very stif fins. Maybe i buy me falcons 30 or 80, but the problem is that i dont have any possibility to test them.
Can someone say me how stif are falcons 80 and 30 to Gara 3000 and 2000 LD ? :confused: :head
And the problem with the foot pockets... i have narrow feet. Which f. pockets will fit good on my feet´? Omer, picasso ( is it possible to mount c4 blades on them? :confused: ) or from Sporasub..???
i hope someone can help me :(

regards £µ :D

Last edited:
I agree with your friend!

When I first got my C4's I had them mounted onto a pair of Spetton foot pockets. They are very wide in the heel and felt rather sloppy.

I now have them mounted onto a pair of Sporasub footpockets and they work great. I have put the Spetton pockets onto another pair of fins that I only use in the winter time- with a 6mm sock underneath.

I don't believe that a Picasso footpocket would work without some extra work- at least that's how it looks when I checked out my old Black Team's, the holes don't match up.

You'll have to get someone else to comment on the differences between the 30',40's, and 80's. I have only used the 40's.

Hope that helps.

Jon

I would stay away from Omer foot pockets if you have narrow feet, because they are wide in the heel. I have never tried Sporasub footpockets, but everyone who has seems to like them. I like Picasso fit, but like Jon said, you would probably have to modify the fins more.

Reactions: donmoore
I have a new (never been in water) pair of C4 30's I'd be willing to sell with either 38-40 or 40-42 OMER Millenium pockets. Total package $300 + shipping or $250 for just the blades or $50/pair of pockets. ScubaStore sells the blades alone for $300 and add on $40+ for DHL shipping (at least to the USA).

Scott T.

My mistake! I just checked ScubaStore and C4 30's are $281 and shipping's $22 so total is $303 (still without pockets though). Maybe I'd consider taking a little less. Not on the pockets though (still $50/pair).

Scott T.

thx for answers ppl, ;)

hm extra work for picasso foot pockets sounds risky. i think sporasub will be ok, i never heard about some problemms like with Spetton foot pockets ...

thx Scott but here i can get f80 blades for 235 € and f30 for 192 € + 10 € shipping ( i think only germany, so will be not a problem for me )

regards £µ :wave

Sporasub & Omer

While we are on this subject, are Sporasub foot pockets exactly interchangable with Omers? If you have blades made for Omer foot pockets will Sporasub bolt in with no modification?
Thanks,
don

@Scott

Scott,

I'll take the 40-42 footpockets and maybe the blades if they're w/in my budget. Could I trouble you to PM me?

Thanks

Don,

In my experience Sporasub pockets are exactly interchangeable with OMER Millennium pockets. I used to have the Sporasub's on a pair of C4's and then OMER came out with their Millennium’s and I liked them a little better, so I swapped my blades over with no problem.

Pez,

Sorry, the 40-42 pockets are already gone, as with the blades. All I have left are 38-40 OMER Millennium pockets (brand new).

Scott T.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT