• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which is the best place for an IDC course in August?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nevido

Jan 14, 2006
Hi everybody,

I have several places in my mind for an IDC course this summer in August and I wanted to you what you know.

Thailand: Koh Tao, Koh Samui, ...
Egypt:???
Costa Rica
South Africa

Do you know anything about these places?

And also still I cannot decide on whether I should take a NAUI or PADI IDC course.

Thanks for any kind of information you will provide.

hey,
just a few things...

you don't want to do a idc in thailand, because most places on this side of the world will not hire an instructor who was certified in thailand. thailand, while beautiful and full of great diving, has a reputation for just handing out certifications without really training.
although i haven't gone through any certifications there, the skinny here is that if you do an idc in the red sea, you will be treated like a slave and worked to death. although that is just speculation.
costa rica is beautiful, and the western end of the island has some great diving, with common occurances of large pelagics.
south africa is on a whole nother level. if you want to do an idc in south africa, you had better be a very brave and radical guy. they take a lot of chances, braving some horrific conditions.
well, hope this helps. in the end, do some research and make a decision that you feel comfortable with.

Does anybody know anything about Thailand?

porsc said:
you don't want to do a idc in thailand, because most places on this side of the world will not hire an instructor who was certified in thailand. thailand, while beautiful and full of great diving, has a reputation for just handing out certifications without really training.

Is this really true?

How is the visibility in August in Thailand?

Can someone help me????????????

Thanks,

Yidaki said:
the place that agencies belong to..US..;)

Well, I already found a PADI CDC Diving center. I received very good information in English from them. I guess course director is either from Europe or USA.

Could you explain me more what you mean by agencies belong to US?
PADI is an american Agency, isnt it?

Yidaki said:
the place that agencies belong to..US..;)

By the way, currently I am in USA. I will leave USA in the summer. If you can help me to find a place for my IDC I would be very glad. How about carabbien? Costa Rica? South America????

I am looking for a place for both and IDC and IE.

Thanks.

Hi nevido,

Both agencies from United States but they have offices and centers all over the world..I guess u think to work abroad after your IDC. So, it is good for you to get in English... US and Caribbean are good for both climate and first place dive centers in the world..Like above stated, after your IDC course u can apply for ins. opening in Thailand, if u r dying to go and work there..:)

This is my opinion,,hope this helps...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT