• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which New Gun-help!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

asdfjklč

Oct 2, 2007
Hi!

I am new at this forum.
Your forum is great! Your advices and experiences of you, great hunters, have helped me a lot!
Now I have one question. I want to buy a new gun of 100cm and don´t now which one should I buy..

Seatec gabbiano snake
Seatec gabbiano elite open
Seatec gabbiano trb
Omer cayman hf
Pathos open

or something I don´t know and you reccomend.

the price is quite a same for all of these.(200€)

I know this theme has already been discussed a lot of times, but it might be something new.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Last edited:
4 words: Seatec Gabbiano Elite Open. Very solid, very accurate.
I haven't tried the Snake though....

Hi,

I agree with spaghetti, I am a fairly new owner of the Cayman HF and am very satisfied with it, my first choice was the Gabbiano Elite Open but i couldn't get it where i live (Croatia) so I got the Hf.
If I'm not mistaken the Gabbiano is somewhat cheaper!!!

Thanks Spaghetti and Neljpovic, for replying my message.

Must say Gabbiano Elite Open seems very good to me, but this Snake makes my choice a bit harder.. Does anyone have any experiance with this gun? About its ballance, return stroke when using double or single band, its quality of making (material,corrosion)..
And also comparison to Omer Cayman HF?

Greetings!

I just got a rabitech apex 110 and its a cannon lol have you looked at those?

i have gabiiano snake 110, only had two chance two dive with it.

Balance is superb, shoots very nice with single band, depending on configuration. With double 16mm bands and 150cm 6.5mm spear, it shoots good to but there is recoil actually and sometimes spear goes a bit of the target (only a few cms at 4 meters range) sometimes spot on. I think if i practice morw with that gun it will be deadly accurate. As i said it has perfect balance and swing. When using with double bands, they don't block you aim of sight because unlike many other guns there is a elevaiton on the muzzle holes so bands don't lag one another..

Reactions: spaghetti
have a look at a rob allen sparid awesome gun twin 16's goes sweet easy to load or a rob allen scorpia im not to sure bout the size of barrel length but their should be round 1 m 1.1m have a look make sure you do its a great gun both of em

Thank you very much for your answers.
You have helped me a lot. I guess I will decide for a Snake or Elite open, because here in Slovenia, I did´t notice Rob Allen and Rabitech guns.. And you know, it is good to be able to get reserve parts for equipement somewhere near.

Greetings to all of you!

Last edited:
i recently got a beuchat marlin carbon, good solid gun with plenty of power and accurate, maybe just above your price range but worth every penny

benford,

Can you give me a few more details on beuchat marlin carbone, I might be just about to buy one.

easy to load
tracking
shooting distance
noise is suppose to almost silent under water.

Anymore details would be great.

hi monchan,
the gun is quite easy to load, the boongie loops around the rubbers and you just simply pull it through (the line) and place the spear back in the shaft and weave the line around the head of the gun take about 50secs when ur use to it, the range is very good but i have not placed a reel on the gun although i have the marlin reel i just use the 3m of line on the gun, the accuracy is very good i only ever take 4 fish in 1 trip and most times i will only miss one shoot as for tracking it can become a little heavy on the hand after a while even more so with a strong under current whipping past so i always have my left hand in the middle of the gun on a flat day its heaven but when its whipping in a bit it can be quite hard on the hand this i guess is due to shape with it having the rail running along the gun most times when the tide is strong i will load the gun when i get to the point i intend to dive as for silence it is very good nothing bangs around on the gun but you do get the normal break of noise when you fire as with any gun,
it does have spare ring on the muzzel for another 18mm band if your cazy enough to do it but here in the uk the 1 is fine but ive never shot a fish greater than 6 1/2lb and dont really want to, the spear its self is very strong i believe its a 7mm rock tipped spear that comes with the gun and i would recomend taking a file to the tip before you go out for the first time.

hope this helps monchan
good luck,
p.s. Dont just go by what i and other people say shop around for the right gun for you.

thanks for your advise, helps me a lot. I'll certainly take your words into consideration. I dont know much about guns, only what I have read on this forum and I have learnt a lot, confusing as all the choices are. Actually I have a chance to get it for a reasonable price, so I'll probably get it. It will be my first gun, a bit overkill for a newbie do you think? I'm a polespear guy and want to get some of the harder to reach/ bigger fish more often.

Reading everyones advise and views makes it harder to decide in some ways,
but like you I dont take many fish, just enough for me and the parents when I go.
So if it's accurate, think I'll give it a go.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
remember it will only be as accurate as your aim so get some practice in with either sinking a pastic bag or making a cut out out of polyester and wieghing it down dont go and shotting small fish for fun its not nice,
but please shop around there our tons of guns on the market just find the gun for you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT