• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

which soap?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mirror

Aug 15, 2010
Hi ,all was just wondering which soap (no not bloody eastenders! ) or shampoo?/ conditioner people use and would recommend for lubing wet suit with ,I have tried a few but often think there could be something better .

I dont know about better but I use the cheap conditioner from Morrisons. They were 25p each and 10 bottles lasts me most of the season.

I also use a combination of hand soap and hand cream from work which works a treat.

Reactions: Jonny250 and shiny1
I think any cheap stuff will do. I just mix 2 x 1 ltr milk bottles with warm/hot water n 5% soap its brill you slip in like a slimey snake use Johnson's baby shampoo if your a sensative type?LOL.A squert in each glove helps to.don't rub your face to soon tho!

Mint head and shoulders - i bought a load of bottles for a few pence in a co-op sell-off a couple of years ago and still going strong.

i dont think it matters too much, but perhaps conditioner is gentler on the skin than soap?

[QUOTE=scottwilson; I also use a combination of hand soap and hand cream from work which works a treat.

Lies.... He uses a slimey dead plaice to gain entry to his suit. least thats what it smells like in the van on the way home. Enough to make you resort to almost breathing the poisonous tri-mix in the boot :naughty Ay Bay... :t

scottwilson; I also use a combination of hand soap and hand cream from work which works a treat. Lies.... He uses a slimey dead plaice to gain entry to his suit. least thats what it smells like in the van on the way home. Enough to make you resort to almost breathing the poisonous tri-mix in the boot :naughty Ay Bay... :t[/quote said:
roflroflroflroflroflrofl You have it all wrong Dave, thats my Anti theft device for the Van, well that and the bottle of piss I keep behind the seat.

Is this possibly why people insist on taking there own car when I dive with them :)

No... its because you drive like an old lady and we want to get there before all the other spearos so that we can shoot the most fish roflrofl

I tried baby shampoo but found it not very slimy ! I can't remember which ones worked best either a shampoo/conditioner mix or just pure conditioner ,but was looking in a shop the other day and had such an enormous choice ,I just could not decide ,I am getting my hair cut tomorrow so will ask hairdresser ,that will confuse her !!! (she's not blonde by the way ! )

Ha!!!!! I dont drive like an old lady my van just cant take the weight and struggles ;)

Mirror Shampoo foams up to much for me, the bubbes give me earache so I stick to conditioner

Mirror Shampoo foams up to much for me, the bubbes give me earache so I stick to conditioner[/QUOTE]

Is this because you mix shampoo with the bottle of piss you keep in your van instead of water?

^^^ sound advice

I use cheap conditioner too. But keep it separate from the water. Then when I get out ive got 15l of warm (ish) water to wash off the jank that accumulated within my suit during the dive.

I started doing this since wearing smooth skin suits. The neoprene requires lubing up on the outside to safely take them off and not pull them in 2.

Then you smell 50% less like an old urinal on the drive home. Unless that is.. you are sharing transport with cough..... cough... :ko

^^^ sound advice

. Unless that is.. you are sharing transport with cough..... cough... :ko

If that cough is persistant Scot may allow you a sip of his bottle of lucozade from behind his seat, its a bit flat but .......

I miss all the stopping in those dodgy remote car parks on the way. Which reminds me... Did you ever find your dog again ?

Now pass me that bottle of urine at once !!

When I'm home I like to use Lambing Lube from the farm supply shop. Nothing quite as slippery as that!

Why do people use shampoo / conditioner...??? I never understand that.

Buy some Aqueous Cream - it's a type of moisturiser, you can buy it cheap in any pharmacy. £1 for 500g!!!

• - Mixes well with water
    - No Smell
    - Doesn't sting your eyes
    - Hypoallergenic
    - Moiturise while your dive

:inlove

I just use some cheap anti-bacterial liquid hand soap. 3 or 4 pumps in a 2tlr lemonade bottle with some hot water is enough. It almost stops you smelling of p*ss too.

This topics getting far to perverse think you boys should be slipping in to some thing else wet !!!!LOL

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT