• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

which wet suit to buy?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eren

Jul 25, 2000
I need your advice on which suit to buy. I dd not need a very professional type of suit but something that is not too expensive and that can keep me warm enough in the winter in Marmara Sea in winter time. Shall I prefer open cell neoprene -I do not know what it means anyway:confused:- or something else?

Thanks

I think it will be better six-seven mm. open cell freediving suits better.
Erencigim böyle bir elbise ile kisin Marmara'da rahatlikla dalabilirsin. Yaklasik 100 euro. bye, bye...

I dd not need a very professional type of suit but something that is not too expensive and that can keep me warm enough in the winter in Marmara Sea in winter time.

Cost is always an issue for me too because I hate to overpay for things. However, I would encourage you to think about value rather than just the price tag. Example: a good friend of mine just spent around $400 (U.S.) for two "inexpensive" wetsuits, the first a disappointment - thick but not warm - and the second is still a question mark (air pockets in the back). For that, he could have picked up a nice Omer or Picasso and been warm and satisfied.

Look for bargains on good suits as old models are being discontinued. A year or so ago I got a great Picasso for a good price on close-out, and my brother got a nice Omer for even less. Nothing is "cheaper" than a good suit that fits well and is durable, even if you have to pay a little more to get it.

Check out the DB store - I've seen some nice values there recently.

hi eren

i just ordered a tailor made suit from www.eliossub.com (italian company) and hopefully i can tell you about it in 2 weeks.
there´s another italian company i heard of www.topsub.it.
i also checked out cressi apnea suits but they come in sizes that definitely won´t fit me (according to the cressi measurment chart).

the suit i ordered : 5mm longjohn/jacket, opencell, gold inside lining goes for around 250 euro.

i tried to freedive with my scuba semidry as well as with a 3mm scuba suit. both of those fit me well and they are great for scuba.
what i don´t like though when it comes to freediving is breathing resistance due to rather tight fit on the chest (doesn´t worry me at all during scuba), restricted arm movement (especially above head), and airpockets trapped somewhere. temperaturewise it´s also not a good choice cause when freediving i don´t move for most of the hour i´m in water and it just gets cold.

i´m not a professional freediver but scuba suits aren´t made for freediving and i believe 250 euro are well spent.
nothing is worse than beeing fully motivated and then getting annoyed by wrong choice of equipment.

if i could dive in waters that wouldn´t recquire a suit i wouldn´t wear one.

looking forward to southern temperatures and blue water

roland

:cool:

wetsuits for spearos...

Hey there

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, what with shipping costs and all, but I ordered a custom-made wetsuit from a company called "Coral" in cape Town SA - a 7 mm open cell - and I have never been more satisfied! :p Their service was exceptional and craftsmanship beyond reproach. Was a trifle pricy though, but wow - when I hit that icy water fo rthe first time I suddenly realised that I'd never be able to settle for anything less than the luxurious warmth of a suit like this one... they even let me decide how much cammo would be on the suit and precisely where I wanted it...

I suppose one can tell alot about a person by what they haul with them when they emmigrate - well, when I left for Canada 6 months ago my wetsuit and spearo gear constituted the majority of my luggage... the suit taken pride of place! ;)

Hi Charcarodon , and welcome ...:D
The ladies at Coral are ex- Cressi staff and Cressi has rightly dominated the custom wetsuit industry in SA with their good quality products , hence your happiness .
Those Coral camo suits are NICE :cool:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT